Hostile Takeover

The Luthor family had always been famous, at first at had been for their wealth, then Lexcorp had taken off and their fame grew. Now however the family was most famous for its most infamous son, Lex Luthor. Lex was a criminal, most people knew that, he almost ruined the company he had built until his mother had come in and taken control once he was finally arrested after a battle with Superman.

After their mothers death, which many blamed Lex for, Lena Luthor took control of the company and rebranded it as Lcorp instead of Lexcorp. It didn't seem right to keep his name on the company after everything he had done.

Lena ran the company for the next twenty years while simultaneously raising her adopted son. She knew she couldn't do both jobs at once while being good at both. As expected the decision to try to do so ended up costing her later.

A month or so after her sons twentieth birthday Lena was surprised when suddenly enough of her companies shareholders decided to sell their stock which made Jenny Kord, the buyer and the CEO of Kord Industries, the majority shareholder of the company.

—————————————————————

"So what does this mean for you?" (Y/n) Luthor asked his mother, Lena. She had just finished telling him everything that had transpired.

"Jenny Kord is in charge but she is already the CEO of another company. Odds are she'll fire me and appoint a new CEO. Maybe even just turn it into a subdivision of Kord Industries. The smart thing to do is get rid of anything tying her new company to Lex" Lena explained as she sat on her office couch beside the boy. "It's what I've been doing all these years"

"So what are you going to do?" (Y/n) asked as he stood up and paced a bit

"Relax. We'll be fine" Lena insisted, trying to calm her son. "We have enough money to live without problems easily, not to mention all the money I could make if I agree to sell all our shares in this company"

"Oh" (y/n) nodded, now understanding the situation better although he continued his pacing. "So what do we-"

The boy was cut off by a knock on the door. He quickly stopped pacing as Lena glanced at him and motioned for him to be quiet. "Come in!"

The door opened and a young girl walked in. "Good morning Ms. Luthor" she spoke as she walked up to the woman on the couch, not noticing (y/n) who was now sitting at his mothers desk on the other side of the room.

 Luthor" she spoke as she walked up to the woman on the couch, not noticing (y/n) who was now sitting at his mothers desk on the other side of the room