Back home to you

"I'll be there in no time, before you even know" his words have been echoing in your head since the last call you had with him yesterday. Your heart beats louder than it could ever as you time to time realize that he'll be home, here with you. You couldn't be more happy to see him after almost two years.

You sit in the living room, trying to make notes but your mind is occupied by the only question: when will he be home? It has been three weeks since the last show. You watched it through an Instagram live stream. That's how you tried to watch the shows but sometimes it was hard to catch up.

Almost every day was hectic and exhausting for you as you have classes to go, a lot of studies, and exams. Your student life was getting hard on you. And to be honest without Harry besides you it was hard to deal. Although Harry used to call to check upon you and ask about your day and even though he was far away from you he'd still try to boost you.

After the final show, Harry stayed in Italy for vacations. He said that he wanted to straight away come home to you but his family and friends had some other plans for him, to have a little Italy trip and enjoy some time there. You said it was nice but also you can't wait anymore to see him. He then asked you to join them and that he will arrange the tickets for you. You wondered if he had told everyone about you, 'cause the way he was asking you to come to Italy but only his mum knows about you. You denied the invitation kindly and told him to enjoy his vacations and that you'll just wait for him to get back home, it'll be worth it as you could also finally take one or two weeks off from studies when he returns back.

The thing is you were not ready to meet his family or friends, at least not like this when you didn't have Harry by your side who could've helped you with your anxiety and made you a little prepared for the meet up but he immediately understood that you got nervous by that thought. so when you said no, he didn't force you.

You look at the time. 4:30 pm. You are about to get up and make yet another coffee for yourself when you hear a scattering sound of glass from the front, that makes you halt in your way. Has someone broken into the house? Or is it just another cat that got in here? you go and check. You take the plastic bottle from the coffee table just in case of some thief. Yes, a fucking plastic bottle. You walk out of the living room turning left in the direction of the front door, hoping it's just a cat.

Your eyes land on the ground for a second, where the small flower pot is laying into pieces and then immediately darts to the man standing in front of you. He's biting his tongue and the posture he's standing in, with his hand in the mid air tells that the flower pot breaking was a total accident of course. He has his big pleasing bag on his side. It is big enough that it must have bumped to the pot now that it is on the ground.

The bottle falls from your hands. "harry?" and your eyes start to water, you didn't expect it would be him. the bottle makes a sound in the silence as he speaks for the first time in two years to you, in person.

"Hi pup, I'm home." he grins, still standing there but nor were you able to move for a few seconds. "was going to surprise ya' but-" he moves forward towards you but you immediately run to him and engulf him in your arms, in a big hug. The sudden but expected thing, the force made you both move back but Harry hugs you back tight enough and tries to prevent you both from falling on the floor.

You start crying and let your tears flow in his shirt and damp it as you hug him. You waited so long for this. so long. Ever since he left for the tour, after he gave you the last cuddle, last kiss for the last time... for that 'while'... and you right away started missing him, his touch. It made you cold and since then you had been cold until now... now that you're finally in his arms and he's finally in your arms again. You can feel the familiar warmth again and there's nothing more you could ask for.