There's no place like home

You take a sip of your coffee, watching the butterfly flying in your garden through the window of your kitchen. Your tote bag and your file with all the designs you've worked on is placed on the table. You're ready for yet another work day. You work in a fashion house. Let's say you enjoy your work but sometimes it does become stressful. This week is going to be really busy.

You slowly take yet another sip of your coffee, and let the taste linger on your tongue before gulping it down. You glance down at the untouched newspaper and see that the date reads. "25th October 2023."

You lean your chin on your hand as the other hand stir the cup in an idle way. Halloween is soon. You think back to the night of the harryween show, the one you attended. You smile, reminiscing about it but soon press your fingers to your lips, hiding it for no reason.

The memories come flooding back, you remember the moment when you took in the sight of your handsome man dressed up as Dorothy. You remembered how the crowd went wild when he came on stage in his cute dress and red ruby slippers, and how everyone in the room was awestruck by his singing and dancing. You were there, dancing and singing along to every song, and watching his stunning performances. The costume itself was perfect, and he wore it so well. There was something about Harry that night that was just magical, and you're definitely still under his spell.

You feel his soft lips pressing under your ear and then down your neck. You place your hand down on the table, leaning back as his honeyed scent fills up your nostrils, driving you out of the sweet memory. A smile appears on your face at the feeling and you feel him smirking too. The tickling of his lips doesn't last long as he pulls away, putting the paper bag on the table in front of you. Muffins. He went to buy some banana muffins.

"very busy, hm?" He stands straight and pulls out a chair and brings it near you before sitting on it. He sits facing your body.

You frown, "No..."

"You know what I mean. I've been watching you for 5 mins. What were you thinking? that you didn't even blink."

"Oh, I was thinking..."

"Yeah about what?" he asks and retrieves the box of muffins from the bag.

"Harryween."

A faint smile appears on his lips, as he hears you. He looks at you through his pretty eyes. "What about Harryween?"

"The first night where you were dressed up as dorothy."

He leans in his face closer to you, getting curious and amused. "and what about it?" he asks.

Your cheeks tingle pink as your finger scratches the mug, watching his face closely, his eyes, nose and cheeks. "That night was amazing, one of my favourites. Everything about that night and especially you."

He chuckles and leans back "oh yeah I remember, you didn't stop talking about it for days, not to forget how much you cried."

"Please, that's because I didn't get to makeout or touch you in that dress." you purse your lips in a little pout. "you know how much I wanted that?"

"what?" He raises an eyebrow and chuckles. "You never told me that."

"I never did, did I?" you say with a shy smile. "I think I realized later on that it was something I wanted."

"Hmm," he takes his phone out of his pocket and gets busy on it. "Well, that's sad your wish wasn't fulfilled."

"Also, no Harryween this year." you watch him and sigh, looking down at your now empty mug.

He glances up at you and nods, pouting slightly "sad." he says.

You stare at him for a few moments. "I will make you coffee." you get up, take your empty mug and place it in the sink and walk to the platform and start preparing hot coffee for him.