Ch. 12

Thomas, Blue, and I stepped into the Mangello's house, revealing the most high-tech house I've ever seen. Granted I've only seen a few houses, but wow. The interior was mostly white and gray, and they had human accommodations everywhere. Electronic, moving walkways, ladders, elevators on the side of coffee tables, giant and human doors for every room. It made the layout of the Reed house seem sparse and simple, which isn't always a bad thing, for I like simple. Just an observation.

The massive man, Mr. Mangello, had greeted us, ushering us into the living room. I was trying not to look at this huge giant, and focus on the huge house, but a human voice coming from his shoulder caught my attention. On his shoulder was a tiny woman who looked like an older version of Parisa. The resemblance was incredible. They both had the exact same bronze skin, and long hair the flowed down their backs.

"Oh my goodness, she's beautiful!" the human on Mr. Mangellos shoulder said, staring at me.

"Thank you. River this is Mrs. Mangello,"

"Oh please, call me Daria,"

"Hi," I replied, feeling shy.

"The girls are in Parisa's room. I'm happy to show you," Daria said. Mr. Mangello lowered his wife onto a walkway that was about level with his knees, meaning it was level with Blues thighs. Blue placed me down next to Daria, and then Daria put an arm around me and started walking me down the hall.

"We'll be out here if you need us, River!" Blue said, as she and Thomas followed Mr. Mangello into the living room.

When I'd told Blue about being invited to Parisa's house, Blue already knew, as apparently Mrs. Mangello- Daria, had told her. Thomas and Blue said they'd hang around for a few hours and visit with the Mangello's while I hung out with Parisa. If it turned out I didn't want to sleep over, then I could just leave with them.

Daria led me to a human sized door, and I assumed I'd be walking into a human sized room, for afterall, Parisa was human. Instead the door led to an enormous room, twice the size of the giant room I used at the Reeds house.

Everywhere I turned there was color. Mostly pastels, with light pinks and lavender being the most popular. This room looked like the embodiment of femininity. And right on cue, I heard laughter filling a space in the center of the room. A moving walkway took Daria and I to the enormous pedestal Parisa and a group of human girls were on. I didn't realize there'd be more people here. There were at least 10 other girls here, and they were clearly all good friends.

"River! I'm so glad you made it!" Parisa said, greeting me.

Daria quickly excused herself and left me alone with Parisa and these strangers.

"River, I ended up inviting a bunch of people from soccer over. We're all on the human soccer team together, and they've been wanting to meet you,"

"Hi," I said, waving to the room full of girls, and feeling completely out of my element. It was already weird to be around Parisa. Now I had to meet alllllll these other girls.

"We were just going to play 'never have I ever'. Come sit!"

I sat next to Parisa, on a giant bean bag chair. In fact, there were so many seating arrangements available here since Parisa had so much space. I guess it's a perk of being a human in a giant house. You have a REALLY big room.

This game was pretty dumb. Everyone went in a circle saying things they've never done, but that everyone else has done. I had done pretty much nothing so I believe I was doing fairly well at the game. When it came time for my turn I found it easy to say something I've never done.