☆ Go Jetters Music and Instrumentals ☆

Posted 18 / 08 / 2023

All the things featured in the post were found by the amazing Jelly_Wobbles ! Check them and their work out, as this post couldn't be made without them!

◤ ☆ ◢

If you're a fan of the Go Jetters soundtrack and music, this post is for you! Recently, a website with five instrumental tracks featured in Go Jetters has been found, and I wanted to take some time to share it all with you!

This website is called The Composerworks, and it features some fun information about the show itself, as well as a statement from producer Adam Redfern, which reads:
"I've never begun work with such a killer theme tune from the off! I had a feeling we had a disco hit when Chris & Wag pitched the Go Jetters theme- and I've had a (glitter)ball working with them on the show ever since. The music's also made Go Jetters a hit with the parents too, which is always key for the family-viewing we want from a Cbeebies show. Chris and Wag have completely delivered and it's a pleasure working with them. They're great with notes, passionate about what they do and always on time."
(Source: https://www.thecomposerworks.com/shows/go-jetters)

The Composerworks site features five familiar and iconic Go Jetters tunes, which you can listen to all of through the link! Sadly, You can't download them off of the website without any sort of browser extensions, so if you'd like a copy to keep, that's the way you'll have to go.
I'll be doing a quick run-through of all five tracks in this chapter too, If you want to hear some context, and what I have to say.

◤ ☆ ◢

GO JETTERS - OPENINGTITLES

Go Jetters - OpeningTitles is, well, exactly what you think it is. It's the instrumental version of the Go Jetters opening theme song! Without the vocal track, it is a lot easier to hear the bassline of the song, and appreciate a lot of the hard work done by the composers. It's also just really cool to HAVE the instrumental track, as the only time it is featured in the show, it is just the opening bars, when JetPad appears to save the Go Jetters during drastic mission moments.

STUNT FLYING BED

The name of the track is a bit misleading, but this track is typically used in action scenes, or scenes of contest and conflict! It uses a heavy bass, a barely noticeable guitar riff, drums, and a lot of horns, including trumpet and saxophone! I personally think it is a very fun track, and it gives a tense energy, while still sounding funky.

GO JETTERS MISSION

This track is exactly what the name says- used for mission scenes. It uses a lot of similar instruments and techniques to Stunt Flying Bed, but after after the opening bars, takes a different direction. A horn and bass riff close to the end of the track will be very recognizable, as being used in the most climatic parts of a Go Jetters episode, and the ending is quite ominous and grave.

GO JETTERS - FUNKY FACTS

For the very first time- an audio-less version of the Funky Facts track is available for listening pleasure! Without having the facts over the track, there's a much clearer listening to the experience. The highlight of the track has to be the horn, as the typically sang "funky facts" tune can be heard a few times, as well as some really fun melodies, which may stand out at first, but add to the experience. Once again, the bass-line is pretty perfect.

GO JETTERS - BATTLE BED

Many of you will recognize this track as being Kyan's motif, or the "fantastic gymnastics" theme! Played whenever he calls for his skills, the song features a wicked bassline, a fun guitar riff, and you guessed it, a LOT of horn. I Especially like being able to hear the multiple guitars featured in the track, and the overall layering of the music. The way the ending is done also makes it pretty perfect to lead directly into the theme song's chorus, if an orchestra or band were to be playing a medly.

◤ ☆ ◢

Take a listen, and tell me what YOU think!
- Tomm.