Quality Camera Time

Danny didn’t know where he was going, but he honestly couldn’t find it in him to care. His mind was a mess with running thoughts that fled before they could become clear. Almost like him and how he just ran away.

He wonders who was the person that was sneaking in there. Did they know he was in there? Were they part of the GIW? Did Red Hood know them? 

It was these questions that came and went and then circled back around in a hurried manner that he felt like he didn’t have time to try and think of the answers. It was frustrating and made his head pound, but he kept flying aimlessly, the world around him nothing much more than a blur. The only way he was sure that he was still invisible was from the lack of shouting down below. He didn’t want anybody else to see him. He needed to leave this city, if he could actually figure a way out of it. It was ridiculously large and with him not paying attention to where he was going, he didn’t know if he was actually getting anywhere.

He sighed, an unnecessary breath leaving his lips before he slowly hauled himself to a stop. He wasn’t doing himself any good flying around without knowing where he was trying to go. He would only tire himself out and be stuck in here longer. What he needed to do was clear his mind a bit, allow all the boiling thoughts in his head to simmer down a bit so he could properly think.

His wispy tail separated into two legs again, and he settled down on a roof, leaning against the metal beam holding up a billboard. He didn’t allow himself to relax against it, or detransform for that matter, but to breathe. He didn’t need to breathe in this form, and sometimes it took more effort to get himself to breathe, manually taking in air and filling his lungs only to let it back out a second later. It was weird how unnatural it felt when it was supposed to come naturally. It was just another thing that reminded him that he wasn’t human anymore, that he never would be again.

He tried to focus back on his manual breathing, wanting to distract himself from those thoughts. Right now wasn’t the time he needed to think about all of that. He wanted to push it all behind him, to forget it all, to just be Danny again. Though could he ever really be Danny again? How was he Danny without Sam or Tucker? How was he Fenton without Jazz or his parents? How was he Phantom when the government deemed him a threat and he left the very place he swore to protect? How was he human when he was truly anything but?

He gasped again, taking in air with a shaky wisp, his lip trembling with his thoughts. He gathered his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs, burying his head in them with a broken sob. He couldn’t do this right now, he shouldn’t be giving into these thoughts again. He had been pushing them away as much as he could while in the warehouse, using Red Hood as a distraction, but now that he was alone again, there was nothing stopping all the hurtful things surfacing in his brain.

His breaths became more ragged, and he was trying his hardest to only focus on that, on his breaths. Ja- he was told before that getting himself to breathe properly would help him to calm down. Yet right now, it only served to remind him of everything he lost, of everything he’s done, -and everything he deserves-.

Tears welling up in his eyes, he looked up from his face being buried into his knees, wiping his eyes furiously with the sleeve of his suit. He didn’t go back to the confines of his inside turmoil, instead hoping the outside world would be a much better distraction. He saw how the sun was beginning to rise, and his forced breathing caught in his throat as he stared straight at it. He hadn’t seen the sun in what felt like forever, and he couldn’t help but admire its beauty at the moment, however dim it was from the city’s constant darkened state from the pollution. He hugged himself tighter, not daring to look down a little bit from the sun, knowing that he would be looking at the edge of the roof. He didn’t want to think about that either.