There's A Reason You Don't Help Strays

AN: if you see something -like this- then it means its crossed out (or strikethrough) but wattpad doesnt have that so use your imagination lol

(how i wished this had a tagging system and strikethrough)

-

It was supposed to be a regular patrol that night for Red Hood. Crime was moderately average for a place nicknamed Crime Alley, surprisingly only a few muggers decided to play with his patience.

Now though, as he’s staring down an unconscious kid, he figures that no nights in his life were allowed to be normal. The dark headed kid, who was most likely a teen but Hood didn’t care at the moment, had an injury to his side along the rib cage. It looked like a deep cut, but it was already starting to scab over, though he wouldn’t be surprised if it was infected from how the teen was literally laying in a dirty alley. At least they seemed to be breathing still, even if it was dangerously low. What he really didn’t like was that he could barely detect their heartbeat. He couldn’t help but wonder what the twig of a kid had been through to end up like this.

Red Hood sighed to himself, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to leave the kid here where anybody could grab them. Rolling his shoulders, he picked up the scrawny kid, who was a bit too small in his opinion, and tried to get them settled on his back. It was a bit more difficult with the teen being asleep, but he managed. Then he began making his way back to one of his safe warehouses, trying not to jostle the hurt kid on his back too much.

The night was still early, the shadows only growing deeper into the city, claiming the gloomy city as it’s own once again. Red Hood took advantage of it, slinking in and out of one shadow to the next, making sure nobody saw him. If anybody decided to pick a fight right now with him having the kid, well, it probably would be more annoying than difficult, but he’d still rather not do that right now. The teen was beat up enough already without being in a middle of fight unconscious.

With the slow pace he was walking, he was only around halfway to the nearest warehouse he knew was safe and had proper supplies at the moment. He probably wouldn’t ever admit it out loud, but he was hoping the teen would be okay. He didn’t want a dead kid on his hands, especially if the kid ended up dying on his back.

While Red Hood was debating on whether or not he should stop for a second to check on the toothpick of a kid again, he felt a slight shift and a small whimper. He froze, turning his head back slightly to try and get a look at them. He expected them to be confused, and most likely scared and disoriented, as what most people would be when they woke up being carried by a stranger. What he didn’t expect was the kid’s eyes to shoot open, showing toxic green eyes that were literally glowing, and to then get bitten in the shoulder. The kid’s teeth somehow even managed to get through the protective padding, sinking slightly into his skin. The once loose arms around his neck tightened, to the point that he was somewhat choking from the tiny arms. How the hell did a twig like this have that kind of strength?

Then the kid straight up jumped off of Red Hood and stumbled on the ground, but stood up nonetheless. There was a wild, panicked look in the short teen’s bright eyes, darting around anxiously. It almost reminded Red Hood of a wild animal who was backed up in a corner, except this was clearly a scared traumatized teen who was most likely a meta. Wasn’t this just great for Hood?

Sighing while rubbing his shoulder, because while the teen’s unnaturally sharp teeth weren't able to completely puncture his skin, it did hurt. “Calm down kid. I’m just trying to help, you’re badly injured.”

The eyes snapped back to Red, and he couldn’t help the unsettling pit that grew in his stomach from what that dangerous green reminded him of. He didn’t want to think of that now however, so he forced himself to focus. Then the teen spoke, “It’ll heal.”