ch 35

I crouched low and let out a feral growl as Shane appeared with a smug smile on his face.

"Well, isn't it nice to see you two here" he snickered.

Rachel lowered her ears and bared her teeth at Shane, her legs bent as she got ready to pounce.

I took a step towards Rachel and nuzzled her fur trying to calm her down.

We're surrounded. If you do anything it'll get us killed. I spoke to her mind.

She cocked her had and glanced at me. I took another step closer and licked her face.

Trust me please. I pleaded.

Shane and his group of vampires were slowly getting closer as i comforted Rachel. His eyes were pure red as he saw me lick Rachel.

I took a step away and shifted into human form. I felt no embarrassment as i was completely naked, my only thoughts were to protect Rachel and get her out of here alive.

Shane must have said something to his fellow vampires because they all looked down at the sight of my naked flesh.

"Normally you two would be decapitated by now" Shane said trying not to look at me, but the bulge In his pants said he already peeked.

"What's stopping you?" I asked arrogantly.

Shane locked eyes with me and passion burned in his red eyes. "You. I could never hurt you."

I sighed. His words pulled at my heart. Rachel must have felt it because she whimpered behind me.

"Do you think maybe you could make your possy of ever so frightening friends leave us alone to talk?" I said with a touch of sarcasm.

Shane looked around and his vampires disappeared, I'm sure waiting somewhere incase something happened.

"So, change your mind on my offer?" He said slyly. "Or you back to cum again?"

I snickered. "Unfortunately my friend made me cum harder than you did." I shot back.

He frowned and looked over my shoulder.

"I don't see what you see in that thing." He said in disgust.

"Same thing you do." I said staring into his eyes and seeing the pain that flashed behind them.

"I can protect you. She can't" he pleaded.

Rachel stepped forward and growled. Shane bared his teeth and crouched. Movement to my left caught my eye as i saw a pair of glowing eyes hidden amongst us. As i looked around i realized we were still surrounded.

"Rachel" i whispered. "Please."

She looked at me, fury still in her eyes.

He touched you. And he flaunts it in front of me. What am I supposed to do?Rachel questioned in my head.

Control yourself I replied.

"I'm not looking to fight. I don't want anyone hurt." I said to Shane. "So please let us walk away."

Shane smiled. "You came and trespassed on my property, my territory. There are rules that you are unaware of and coming here challenging me breaks a rule punishable by death. Fortunately for you I won't lay a finger on you, but your friend. She is a different story."

Shane nodded his head and 10 vampires came out and crept toward Rachel. Rachel whipped around and growled low and loud. She flexed her muscles and dared the oncoming vampires to touch her. The vampires hesitated but one brave soulless girl came out and lunged toward Rachel.

My heart beat quickened and rage filled my vision. My mate was in danger. I jumped and shifted to wolf form but before I could hit the ground a pair of strong arms wrapped around me and slammed my head against the ground. I whimpered as slowly my vision turned black and the last thing i saw was my mate covered in blood and vampires holding her face down in the dirt.