Chapter 4

(3rd person POV)

Things have now calmed down and Mio decide to wash herself, as Maria and Y/n decide to talk.

Y/n deftly lifts the tea kettle from the stove, pouring a steaming cup for Maria before offering it to her

Maria: "Oh, is this for me? Thank you so much." She takes a sip.

Y/n: "No problem."

Maria savors another sip before speaking, a hint of humor in her voice. "I hope you're not secretly trying to poison us, right?"

Y/n: "Why would I bother with poison when I could just kill you outright? But let's not get into that for now. Any questions on your mind?"

Maria: "You mentioned being half-hero. What's the rest of your bloodline?"

Y/n: "it's kind of hard to explain but in simple terms, I'm 50% hero 35% spirit and 15% dragon."

Maria: "I see... Spirit, dragon and Hero huh. Wait if you are a hero what are you doing outside the village."

Y/n: "I was, but about 8 years ago I was exiled due to a little incident that happened and about 4 years ago I met the Hyoudou's and they took me in. So now I just live as a normal human and try to keep my family away from the supernatural, but I guess all good things have to come to an end."

Maria: "But what about the hero clan, aren't they watching us?"

Y/n: "At the moment no I don't have a relationship with The village but I wouldn't be surprised if they send someone here soon enough."

Maria: "What do you plan to do, when they do send someone here?"

Y/n: "I'll decide what to do depending on the person but are you sure Mio is alright in there?"

Maria: "Of course, she just likes to take long baths. Let's just hope it helps her to calm down a little bit."

Y/n: "What about you are you okay?"

Maria: "I suppose we all need to put all are things back in place and don't worry, I'll be just fine. I mean after all, where your little sisters aren't we."

Y/n: "Little sister, huh." I sigh softly while running my hand through my hair.

(Timeskip)

Mio steps out of the bathtub, wrapping herself in a towel. As she begins to dry off, as she here's a soft knock at the door.

Mio: "Hm?"

Y/n: "Uh, mind if I have a moment?"

Mio: "What is it?"

Y/n: "I just wanted to say something. I'm sorry for scaring you like that."

Mio: "Oh but that..." Mio couldn't finish her sentence that she began to sway before falling on the ground.