Chanse

School. I hate school. Why do I have to go? It's not like I'll need any of it anyway.

I walk through the halls, looking left and right at the students that crawl every inch on the building. I desperately need to find my friends. They're the only people who I feel comfortable to be around.

"Chanse!" my name shouted through the corridor.

"Gemma!" I cheer back as I run towards my best friend. We collide with each other and hold on tight. You'd think we haven't seen each other in years but we were last together on Friday. It's Monday now.

"Did you finish Joey's Apocalyptic Diary yet?" Gemma asked, pulling away and gripping my shoulders.

"I did! I'm in love!"

Right there and then, the school's hottest and popular, yet admirably humble pair strutted right past us. Kathryn and Eliza Rogerstone-Montgumery. I watch them as they passed, talking with each other quietly as they did so. They don't seen to notice how everyone stares at them all the time. Or maybe they do, and just don't care.

"Those two are literally perfect." Gemma mumbled.

"I know. But anyway... I cannot believe it ended on a cliffhanger! And now we have to wait until January for the next season." I rant.

"It's too long! I guess the Creator has a life though. We can't expect everything right now. It'd spoil the sense of adventure to have it all in one go." Gemma shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess."

The bell for homeroom rang and that was when Gemma and I had to go separate ways. I had Mrs Rogerstone-Montgumery, (Art) for homeroom and Gemma had Mrs Rogerstone-Montgumery, (English).

We hugged goodbye even though we would see each other in first period.

I made my way to homeroom with Mrs Rogerstone-Montgumery. She was a very chill woman. Always laid back, never shouted, was always smiling and is obviously, undeniably gorgeous. All the boys want a piece of her but she's a lesbian and married with a triple barrelled name, but people tend to call her by only two. I always call her by her full name when I speak to her.

"Morning, Mrs Leigh-Rogerstone-Montgumery." I greet.

"Morning, Chanse. I think you're the only one who calls me that. Although, someone did call me Mrs Lerm the other day because it sounded like my initials said as a word."

"It's certainly easier than your whole name." I muse.

"I guess I could go by it." she shrugged. With that, I left to go sit by my assigned desk partner. Eliza. She always reads and likes to keep to herself. Which is fair enough. Kathryn is in Gemma's homeroom and the twins don't have a lot of classes together. I'm just not sure why the school is so keen on keeping these twins apart.

"Morning." I chirp to my desk buddies.

"Mhm." she hummed. She never really spoke to me while she was reading. She let out another hum that tells me, "Let me just finish this chapter." It's not very often that Eliza talks to me, but when she does, she has to finish a chapter in her book.

I mindlessly tap on the table while I watch her flip the last page of the chapter she's on. Her blue scanning the page, left to right, as she reads the carefully picked words. She places her bookmark in the book and closes it before turning to me.

"Morning, Chanse. How are you?"

"I'm great. How are you?"

"Living the dream." she smirks.

"What did you get up to during the weekend?"

"Reading. Went shopping with Kath. But otherwise, not much. How about yourself?"

"I binged this YouTube series called Joey's Apocalyptic Diary and I am in love with it. Such a good story line." I gush. Eliza smiles even more.

"I didn't know you watched it too."

"You've seen it?" I gasp.

"Yeah. I finished it a while ago. I have to wait until-"

"January for season two." we both say.

"My sister thinks the show is stupid but... I like it. I drew some fanart. You wanna see?" I ask.

"I'd love too."

I pulled out my sketch book and opened the page with my drawing of Joey wrapped in a lesbian flag.

"That's so cute!" Eliza said, running her fingers over the page.

"Everyone think she's gay but for the wrong reasons. They think that she had a crush on KAT3 but I think that's wrong."

"Really? People think that?" she sounded offended almost.

"Yeah. But it's weird. I think she's gay because she talks the pretty girls at her school before the apocalypse and even mentioned liking one of them. But then her parents bashed her for being possibly gay and all that talk stopped. I think Joey made KAT3 to be like... I don't know, a supporting mother?"

"That's crazy. I was thinking the same thing." Eliza nodded.

"It seems obvious though. Right? Why would she have a crush on a robot?"

"Yeah. That just doesn't make sense."

The bell for first class rang and I began to gather my things.

"I'd love to talk about this more with you. Do you want my number?" Eliza suggests.

"Uhh, sure!"

We exchange he numbers before heading to first class. About half way through, I just realised what had happened.

I just got Eliza Rogerstone-Montgumery's number.

You know, one of the most beautiful and popular girls in school. People would kill to be in my position right now. Everyone wants her. But she hasn't let anyone have her.

Do I have her?