Chapter 19 | Qilby

Despite Yugo's expectations, the traitor reacted fast. He grabbed Yugo by the fist, pulling him and throwing him out of the way rather effectively. But with just as much ease, Yugo landed on his feet, just a few meters away from the traitor:"You are not gonna get away again, Qilby." The young man spits the traitor's name out, trying to remove any compassion he had for him out of the window.

But despite his anger, - his rage -, he felt like somewhere in the back of his mind, there was a part of him that wanted to fix Qilby. He pushed it down. For him, for his brother, and for the world of twelve. No matter how much it stung, he knew that Qilby was beyond saving.

"I don't have to get away Yugo, you know why?", there was a threatening calmness in his voice, but in his eyes, the sparks of agitation were hard to ignore:"Because when they are done here, you will have nothing left to return to. You will have no choice, but to take the Zinit and go explore the endlessness of the Krozmos. I will win."

A shiver went down Yugo's spine. "You bastard.", he called out, simultaneously noticing, that the rest of the members of the brotherhood were not anywhere close to them anymore. He knew that it was all part of their plan, yet he longed for some form of support or guidance.

Yugo looked the traitor right into his eyes, despite the anxiety that shot through his blood, just thinking about all the things Qilby had done:"There is no way we will let this planet go down the same path our home planet has. Besides. Even if, what makes you think we would ever forgive you and take you with us?"

"Well we are family, right?", he let out a burst of laughter, leaving the young eliatrope in disarray, not knowing how to respond. "You aren't seriously still mad at me because I want to help our people? I thought spending some time in the white dimension, just like I did would have changed your perspective Yugo... I am disappointed."

Yugo was horrified. To think that Qilby could still not see what he might have done made his blood boil, and his skin crawl. It was so incomprehensible to him, how the man in front of him still wanted to consider them their family, after all, they had done to him, and how in return he could not see how any of the things he did were devastating for the twins, - and their people.

"All you did by imprisoning me there, was fuel my anger toward you.", his voice was strong, but he felt weak and shaky in the man's presence. His heart was racing, and he wanted him gone, out of his sight. The eliatrope dashed onto his adversary, this time holding both his Stasis sword and his Wakfu blade, throwing his defenses overboard entirely.

"So here you are, king.", he said, as he jumped out of the way, making his title sound more like an insult than anything else:"Using a forbidden source of energy, and you want to hold me accountable for not keeping to the fine conservative practice of things. Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical?" "It's not the same.", Yugo said, as he jumped out of another portal, going straight for Qilby's stomach. He missed, instead stabbing into thin air.

Now Qilby drew his Scythe out of thin air, prepared to counterattack Yugo. "Maybe.", the white-hatted man said:"But maybe, you are just bending the rules to whatever you may want them to be, so they are just how you need them to be." "I don't plan on destroying an entire planet!", the eliatrope yelled out, filled with anger at the traitor's words.

"Do you really not get it?", Yugo was stunned once again:"Can you really not see why I can't let you do any of this, Qilby?" The traitor was not interested in Yugo's question. "See, you don't have the same amount of experience as I do, you are lacking the wisdom and foresight. Maybe you should've just stayed in that white dimension. Maybe a few more thousand years would help you see the truth.", another shiver went down Yugo's spine at the prospect. He was clearly convinced of what he was saying:"Or I can just show you, I can help you see it. All you have to do is let it happen."