Chapter 14 | Alliance

"They are waiting, Yugo.", Amalia turned around to her Eliatrope friend. He had been staring at a wall for the last fifteen minutes, his heart beating like crazy. As a brotherhood, they had agreed that it would be best if he and Amalia would handle the talks and negotiations. For one, since they both were of royal status, but also since the last time Adamai had talked to the rest of the leaders of the twelve, he hadn't exactly made the best impression, - therefore the dragon was out of the question.

Unfortunately though, unlike Adamai and Amalia, Yugo had never before had to speak in front of the leaders of the twelve, so he was endlessly nervous. He didn't even know what he would say to them as soon as he would step through the door. The only thing he did know, was that he had to convince every single one of them, that the mechasms were a real threat to everyone.

"I am coming.", he finally followed Amalia to the door, before the palace guards opened the double door in an unnecessarily exertive manner. When they stepped inside, Amalia gave him one last reassuring look, before they were ready to step into the large spherical room.

When Yugo entered, he felt exposed, seeing this many people stare at him was not something he was used to, and quite frankly it was unsettling. Yet he stood there, head high, and Amalia by his side.

"Dear leaders of the twelve, I thank you for answering our urgent message and know how this might have been an inconvenience to your daily routine.", All twelve of the leaders, and their ambassadors were present, seemingly having understood the seriousness of the message:"Some of you may already know Yugo. He is the righteous king of the Eliatropes. And he will be able to explain the circumstances to you the best."

Murmurs went through the room, most of the leaders irritated, at the prospect of another king of the Eliatropes. While most had known, that Qilby was a traitor, and a thief, only Joris - Bonta's ambassador -, was aware, that indeed Yugo was the one to whom the throne originally belonged. This was mainly due to the fact, that despite Adamai's disagreement, there had not been another meeting to discuss the future of their people, to give them more time to prepare themselves.

For Yugo, this was the first time, he publicly and openly owned up to his title."The mechasms, - the same beings, that destroyed the planet I was first born on - will soon also try to invade this planet. And it is on all of us, to stop them, and to protect the people that are living in the world of twelve.", now, that he finally spoke, his voice was clear and loud, and he barely even stuttered.

The room was filled with an air of disbelief and discontent. The leaders getting restless in their seats, some mumbling to each other, or to their ambassadors. Then, the first questions erupted, followed by more, throwing the room into a frantic state of disorder. The first to yell out was Bonta's leader."Why are they coming for us?"

"Well, that-", Yugo started, but Amakna soon interrupted the eliatrope:"What exactly are they, and what do they want?" "When will they get here?", this was followed by the king of the Osamoda. "Is this information even verifiable? How do we know if any of this is true?", Brakma threw into the conversation after them.

Yugo was overwhelmed, he didn't know how to answer all of their questions at once, or even one of them for that matter. He practically drowned in the midst of the many different people talking at once. When he looked to his side, he could feel Amalia's impatience, she always hated these meetings, but this was her first time leading one of them, and this was not how she had imagined it. "Silence!", her bright voice now rang through the room, the seriousness.

She took another deep breath before continuing:"There is enough time for all of your questions. But what there is no time for is chaos, and disorder. So may we all please approach this issue from an angle that is more appropriate for the leaders of the biggest empires?" While some of them wanted to call the princess out for her high-handed behavior, none of them could deny that she was right.