❛𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

"Would the old hag drink this?" Terry asked.

"She may." Yeon replied. "If we use the only one she trusts."

"Who?"

"Hyunuiong."

Terry scoffed at the absurdity. "How would he do that to his wife?" he said as he took a seat across Yeon. "He would do anything she says."

"Not anymore." Yeon said in a beat. "Him defying the old hag and saving Ji Ah is the proof."

"So he will make the old hag fall asleep before we arrive, right?" Terry asked picking up the small bottle, eyeing it.

"When the old hag falls asleep, you finish it." Yeon instructed.

"When do we do it?" Terry asked.

"Tomorrow." Yeon declared, "Come to that place by noon. When it's done, you be the lord of the Stream of the Dead and you leave Ji Ah and me, just as we promised."

Terry grinned and nodded his head, "Alright." simply saying that he leaned back on the couch and took a sip from a glass which contained red wine.

"Am I worrying too much for no reason? Things are going way too easy."

Yeon couldn't help but think things were going too smoothly. But these thoughts wouldn't stop him from going about the plan he made. He then reminded himself that later he should ask Hye Jin if Terry, the Imoogi is going to stab him in the back.

"What kind of an ending would this story have?" Terry asked after refilling both his and Yeon's glass.

"A happy ending, no matter what." Yeon said taking the glass.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

"What does that mean?" Shin Joo asked. "Why would you eat that jerk's scale?"

After the meaning with Terry, Yeon went to Shin Joo's vet clinic and took him about the plan he had stirred up.

Of course, Shin Joo was against it. He thought that what Yeon was about to do was plain stupid and of course, suicidal.

"If I eat the scale, the Imoogi inside Ji Ah's will transfer to my body."

"And then?"

"I'll jump into the Stream of the Dead with that jerk."

Shin Joo stared at Yeon for a minute, baffled about what he just said. "No! Never! No!" he said getting out of the shock he got.

"I'm sure there's a different way, besides that one." Shin Joo stood up from the couch and started to pace around. "Ask Hye Jin, she might know what to do." he suggested.

"I will. But I don't think she might know what to do." Yeon said pessimistically. "You know, not only Ji Ah's life but also the lives of many people dying of the plague are up to me."

"I thought about it with all possibilities open but this is the only way to catch that thing." Yeon revealed with made Shin Joo scoff in disbelief.

"The only way you can think. What's stopping you from asking Hye Jin?" Shin Joo asked irritated by how pessimistic his Lord is.

"We don't have time for all that." Yeon said sighing in frustration. "We don't know how long it would take for her to find an alternative."

"Then I'll do it. Instead of you I'll eat the scale and jump the Stream of the Dead." Shin Joo suggested.

Yeon smiled at his determination. "You can't handle the Imoogi."

"Don't do it." Shin Joo pleaded. "Please don't do it. If you die like that, your soul cannot be retrieved." Shin Joo said in desperation. "You can't be reincarnated or anything!" he yelled.

"I know." Yeon said calmly.

"If you know that, please stop saying that you're going to die!" Shin Joo yelled in anguish.

Yeon walked up to Shin Joo and held his shoulders, "You need to understand me." he said swallowing a lump that was forming in his throat. "I'm telling you everything honestly because it's you."

They both sat back down on the couch after Shin Joo gradually calmed down.

"What should I do?" Shin Joo asked.

"You should not get entangled into this fight, you should survive safely and protect Ji Ah and Hye Jin."

Shin Joo nodded his head, "I'll protect them."

"If Rang's heartbroken again and goes awry again became of me, nag at him to live his life righteously. Yeon shook his head. "Actually, you know what, you don't need to. Hye Jin will be there to pull his ass back." he chuckled.

"That is true. Well then I won't need to protect Hye Jin too because Lord Lee Rang will be there with her." Shin Joo said smiling.

"You should start your own family with that necklace thief." Yeon teased.

He then picked up a brown file and handed it to Shin Joo. "This is my wedding gift for you. I'm giving this to you beforehand."

Yeon then stood up and started to walk away but stopped when Shin Joo called his name.

"Can I ask you something?"

When Yeon nodded he asked, "When I was being chased by the mountain god of that area..why did you save my life?"

"To get revenge." Yeon replied.

"Revenge?" Shin Joo questioned puzzled.

"I had spicy noodles with the mountain god of that area. And that neck picked up my egg, the only egg I had and ate it."

"You saved my life just for something small like that?" Shin Joo asked amused at how petty Yeon was.

"Small?" Yeon scoffed. "I always save my egg to eat it at the very end." he grinned at Shin Joo then turned around to leave.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

AUTHORS NOTE!

Oh, Yeon.. 🫢😅

Posted: August 18, 2023
Edited: X
Words: 952