chapter four: what happened before

VICTORIOUS,EPISODE FOUR:WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE

VICTORIOUS,
EPISODE FOUR:
WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE

ELI WAS THINKING back on all of the things that had gone wrong in their fall semester - and it was a lot. But that didn't mean he couldn't make up for it this semester, right?

Forrest was thinking back on it too. He may have made up with Eli now, but that didn't mean he didn't feel a near permanent guilt over it all. On the one hand, if he hadn't kissed Eli's girlfriend, Eli may have never realized that he was gay. On the other hand, it was still fucked up.

The guilt gnaws at his stomach as he thinks back on that moment.

"In the back of a taxi caaab, one quick turn you were on my laaap, we touched hands and we pulled them baaack, yeah. I want you baaad!" Rain pours down the windows as Forrest and Hailey giggle in the back of the limo that her parents had rented for homecoming. It was meant to be a fun treat for her and her friends. Everyone else was still inside. Forrest and Hailee had been caught in the rain and got in while waiting on everyone else."And even thooouugh it should be so wrooong, I can't help but feel this strooong, 'cause the way you turn me on like a light switch, I miiight just go crazy. Cause you're my best friend's baaaby, but you got me thinking maaaybe, just maaaybe. I don't know what to do!" There's a moment where their faces are so close he can feel the intake of her every breath. And he almost leans in then, but instead he nervously laughs and leans back to fiddle with the heater.

"I'm in love with someone else's giiirl, you rock my world, but you're the one that I can't haaave. Girl, I want you bad! In my crazy miiind I'm with you all the tiiime, cause you're the best I never haaad. Oh girl, I want you bad!" After Forrest fell off his skateboard and busted his knee, Hailey was right there for him, cleaning and bandaging his wound. He was sure that that was when he knew. 'Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh. I want you bad!'

"It's so hard to just pretend. It sucks, you're his giiirl and he's my friiiend, no good waaay for this to end, yeah. I want you baaad! I wiiish someone could heeelp me. This is just so unhealthyyy! And everything you got just kiiills me. You're guilty! Go crazy, cause you're my best friend's baaaby, but you got me thinkin maaaybe, just maaaybe. I don't know what to dooo." Eli is unaware that Forrest hasn't taken his eyes off of Hailey the entire conversation. He watches them from afar, how close they are. It almost hurts. Hailey turns his way and gives him a smile. Forrest smiles back before turning to focus on tuning the wheels on his skateboard. "I'm in love with someone else's giiirl. You rock my wooorld, but you're the one that I can't have. Girl, I want you bad! In my crazy miiind, I'm with you all the tiiime. Cause you're the best I never haaad. Oh girl, I want you bad!" That night, as Forrest listens to Eli sing a song he's written for Hailey, Forrest's envy is at an all time high. Worser still, he's mostly just... sad. Why does love have to hurt so much? 'Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh. Oh, oh, oh, oh I want you bad!' He glances at the photo of the three of them that sits on his desk and forces a smile.