Take a Breath

~Jess~

So today is when I told everyone I'd be starting school at Harrison, but because of everything that happened yesterday, Nick and Pri told me that I didn't have to go yet so I could take care of my mental health first.

It was also lucky because when we went to get me enrolled, they suggested I just finished up year 10 since it was only a month until summer break, and then I would start from the begining of year 11 with everyone else.

And they had an online learning option which will be good during the tour so Nick and Pri won't have to worry about that.

We did quickly look at if I could do ATAR online, and since I couldn't do my exams over here we decided to stay with me going to school here and try as much as I could in-person learning.

Ok anyway enough about school, Frankie was going to take me around Jersey and New York to explore since I had never been here before.

The plan was do all the touristy things but also with someone that lives here so we do other bits too

Basically it was to take my mind off everything, get me out of the house, and hopefully not get noticed that much if I was with Frankie instead of Pri and Nick.

Instead of my normal Malti attack wake up that I've been getting, this morning I got a gentle Nick wake up which was nice.

I could hear my door slowly open and I instantly knew it was him, Pri does it quickly so the door doesnt make as much noise, and I knew that it wouldn't be Frankie.

"Hey, you up?" Nick asked me sitting on my bed.

I put on a smile nodding but I refused to move besides that, and Nick saw right through me.

"Come on, Frankie made your favourite, pancakes!" Nick told me pulling me up and into a hug

"Aw but yours are just so good" I laughed, even though I did love his pancakes, "Can't I just go back to sleep for a little longer?"

"I'd say yes but Frankie is so excited to take you around New York, and Pri would probably kill me if she has to be the bad guy and get you out of the house so come on," He followed me downstairs and into the kitchen.

"How's my favourite little sister today?" Frankie wrapped me in a hug as he saw us after putting more batter on the pan.

(a/n ok I'm making Jess's and Frankie's relationship more sibling than uncle and niece bc of how tiny the age gap is and I wish I had an older brother so thats Frankie now)

"Very tired, but excited to see the city," I told him smiling

"Hey Frankie, one rule, no taking her to see a broadway show because we want to take her to her first." Nick said very seriously to him

"Ok Ok Ok, so the plan is this, catch the train to Times Square, get coffee around there somewhere, see the empire state building because I'm getting the vibe that your a Percy Jackson fan, chill in central park for a bit, and then on our way home catch a ferry to the statue of liberty island, and then we should be back here by 6 or so and if we aren't we can get pizza or something for dinner on the way back." Frankie explained as he made the last pancake and set it out. "And breakfast is served!"

(a/n can u tell i've never been to America 💀)

We ate breakfast quickly, and I quickly ran upstairs after to get ready, changing into denim shorts and an oversized shirt since it was going to be warm today and we were running around, I also put my hair into plaits to keep out of my face and off my skin.