Chapter 08

Mason

I headed home and immediately grabbed my laptop and sat by the kitchen counter. Ready to find this girl on socials.

I searched her name on Instagram and found her a account in seconds but it was private fuck. I went over to Facebook and found her account only for it to be private again. My jaw tensed as I struggled to find more information.

Wilson? I thought to myself as it clicked she's chandler's sister that means she's jake's girlfriend. Fuck fuck fuck

"Hey man" Jake patted me on the back and I stared at him shock. "What do I have something on my face?"

"No, it's nothing" I slammed the laptop shut. "Were you watching porn" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Fuck a cow" I rolled my eyes and got up ready to leave but jake stopped me. "I didn't break up with her "

"What?"

"Katherine, my girlfriend?"

"Did she go to a party yesterday?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Just asking, most of my students seemed fried"

"Yeah everyone was at that party till late, kat came home super drunk"

"She's in my class"

"She is? Hope she doesn't give you a hard time" he patted me on the back before walking out.

"Hey, I'm heading out for a coffee" I yelled

"Bring me back one" Jack yelled back.

I grabbed my keys and walked out of the house. I got into my car and drove to the nearest diner. When I got there, I got out of the car and went in. I ordered the two coffees and when I turned around I saw kat and her friend from class. She didn't see me yet so I figured I go up to her and talk.

"Can we talk?" she looked up at me shocked and I held out my hand.

"Okay" she took my hand and we walked outside.

"You're jake's girlfriend"

"You're jake's brother"

"We almost kissed"

"Did we?"

"Don't do that"

"Fine"

"You didn't tell him anything that could comprise me?"

"Calm down 007" she rolled her eyes.

"I honestly wanted to bump into you after the party but now I don't know if I should persue you"

"What made you think I want to be persued?" she challenged.

"You flirted back that's how"

"I was drunk"

"Drunk people, sober thoughts" I shrugged.

"Eat a dick"

"Hey" I pulled her before she could walk away. "I don't even know your name"

"It's Mason"

"Can I go back to my friend now?"

"Yeah sure, see you in class"

"Bye professor" I groaned at the name and she smirked before walking back into the diner.

I went back in the diner and got my coffee just as I was about to leave Kat called me over. "Hey professor" Shay smirked.

"Hey"

"Give me your phone" Kat held out her hand and I took out my phone and gave it to her.  She typed something in and handed me back my phone.

"Since I'm your assistant I figured you should have my number"

"Okay thanks" I smiled and headed out.  I got into my car and drove back home.

"Finally how long does it take to get a coffee?" Jake stood by the door impatiently waiting for me.

"Here, jackass" I gave him his coffee and walked past him.

"Why were you searching my girlfriend up?" he asked and I froze.

"She's my assistant figured I get her number"

"Right" he nodded.

I went up to my room and closed the door. I hope he bought that.

I started working on my lesson plan and took me a few hours to sort out and get done. I figured I ask Katherine to make a group for the work.
I picked up my phone and messaged her and she replied back immediately. "sure thing, prof"

I sat my phone back down and groaned. I have no idea how to handle this situation. Should I just make like we never talked and keep it strictly professional. Yeah that's probably the best.

I decided to make myself something to eat since it got pretty late while I was working on my lesson plan. I went downstairs to the kitchen and saw Jake and his friend

"Oh hey professor" she smiled.

"Hey"

"We're going to a party, you wanna join?"

"I don't think I should party with college students"

"It's not just going to be college students, everyone in the city will be there"

"Who's throwing it?"

"River"

"Yeah river" jake rolled his eyes and I looked at him confusion. "What's your beef?"

"He likes my girl"

"Yeah his girl that flirted with some guy"

"Don't do that, Jessica"

"Whatever"

"I'll just leave you two to squabble" I went over to the stove and turned it on before grabbing a pan and took out frozen burgers and chips. "Did mom and dad call you already?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, they still very happy living in Paris"

"Awesome" he rolled his eyes.

"So party?" Jessica turned to me.

"Im good"

"It's your loss, jake you coming or are you gonna sulk about river all night?"

"Im coming but I'm driving us"

"Fine, let's go"  they both got up and left and I continued to make my food. I heard my phone ringing upstairs and I ran up and got it. I saw that it was Katherine. I answered and she asked me to come over to talk?

"Why?"

"I just wanna talk Mr grey"

"Fine, you alone?"

"Yeah, come over. I'll send my location"

"Okay"