Chapter 11

THEY made it as far as "Dream On" which wasn't even half of the way through the set.

Willa loved staring at Steven Tyler. She loved his eye contact. She loved watching Joe Perry shred like crazy on the guitar too, but she wasn't there. Her body was swaying and her eyes were looking but her mind was elsewhere.

The one thing louder than a live show in an arena full of thousands of people is the sensation of hearing your heart beating in your ears. And it got louder each time Randall drew closer to her.

She couldn't tell if she could actually feel the heat of his body radiating onto her back or if it was only in her head until he pressed his front against her back during the third song.

She let herself lean into him but with each sway of her hips, she knew less and less how capable she was of controlling herself.

And it was when the chorus ended that she looked over her shoulder and asked into Randall's ear, "Do you want to get out of here?"

Then before she knew it he was taking her hand and leading her through the crowd and out of the main hall. And at the earliest opportunity he got, with the fireproof doors slamming behind them, he grabbed her face with both of his hands and pulled her lips to his.

In spite of how unprepared she was, she reacted fast.

As her lips deeply moved against his, she hooked her hands onto the rim of his flares and pulled him to a wall that she pressed her back against. He migrated his left hand from her cheek and slipped it around her waist to draw her body infinitely closer to his.

Then the rest became a mirage of tongues, breathlessness and the gentle caress of his right hand running from her shoulder down to her chest. But she caught it just in time and pulled away from his lips that attempted to follow.

She opened her eyes. "Not here."

He opened his. "I know somewhere we can go."

"Not your car."

He weaved his fingers through hers on the hand holding his. "I didn't take my car." Then he kissed the back of it and pulled it along with him as he took measured steps backwards.

And by the time they were walking across the parking lot through a sea of cars, even passing Jodi's at one point, Willa found it hard to imagine anything but a four wheeler.

Until they stopped by one that was a different kind.

It was a brightly orange Kombi.

Randall gestured to it with his free hand and said, "Voila."

Willa looked aggressively unimpressed. "I'm not having sex with you in that."

Randall, still holding her hand, took steps towards her with a smug smile playing on his lips, "Who said anything about sex?"

"You did when you tried to get a boobful."

Randall laughed through his nose.

"I'm serious, I can't think of anything less sexy than getting it on in a Kombi."

"Then we'll just talk," Randall shrugged.

Willa raised her eyebrows doubtfully. "You're okay with ditching an Aerosmith concert just to talk to me?"

"I'm pretty sure I'd ditch just about anything to talk to you."

Willa felt the air swept from her windpipes. "Okay..." she let got of his hand and walked towards the van to lean against it. "Then maybe now is good time to establish some boundaries."