Chapter 19

I really like how this chapter came out.... ;D

______________________________________________________

Elena’s POV:

            “But I have no idea what’s going on with them,” I sigh, my elbow on the counter top as my chin rests on my palm. “They’re fighting, and they’ve never done that before.”

            Harry presses his lips together as Melody gives me a small smile. “All married couples fight, El,” she tells me. “Don’t worry, it’ll all be over before you know it.”

            “I don’t know,” I say, unconvinced. “It looked pretty heated.”

            “It’ll be fine, babe,” Harry gives me a reassuring smile, putting his hand on top of mine.

            I smile at the sudden warmness, and Melody makes a gagging face. I roll my eyes at her, and she just giggles, before turning around and sauntering over to her section to serve a table. We were at Debbie’s Diner for work, and as usual, Harry was here, sitting at his usual place on the barstool as I worked behind the counter.

            A lady came in and walked up to me, ordering food for take out. I wrote down her order and gave it to the cook, Kenny, and he started up her order. When it was done, I gave her the bag and she smiles and paid for it, before leaving. Putting the money away, I look at Harry, who was staring intently at me. His green eyes searched my face as I gave him a funny look.

            “What?” I ask with a chuckle.

            He shook his head, his curls falling over his eyes. “Nothing,” he says, a small smirk on his pink lips.

            I just chuckle until the doors of the diner open, and in strolls Zayn. He’s wearing a dark grey tee with his usual black leather jacket, black jeans, sunglasses, and sneakers. Do all these boys dress the same or what? He walked over to us, sitting on the barstool next to Harry. “Hey, guys,” he says, taking off his glasses.

            I give him a smile and Harry nods over to him. “Sup, man?” he asks Zayn.

            Zayn smirks. “Just visiting my girlfriend, same as you.”

            As if on cue, Melody walked over and a smile spread across her lips as she came to my side of the counter. “Hey,” she smiles, leaning over and pecking Zayn’s lips. I made a gagging face, similar to one Melody had made before and she just rolled her eyes.

            An hour later, when my shift was done, Harry and I left the diner. Melody’s shift wasn’t over yet, so she was still there and Zayn was over there as well, keeping her company. Getting into Harry’s Volvo, he drove back to my house. When we pulled up to it, I saw that Mum’s car was parked out. What the heck? Shouldn’t she be at work?

            “I’ll come over another day,” Harry says, putting a raincheck on him coming as he glanced over at my direction.

            “She should be at work, though,” I frowned, confused as to why Mum was home. Letting out a sigh, I grabbed my bag. “I’ll text you later.”

            Harry nods and I was about to open the door when he locked it from the driver’s side. I looked at him, raising an eyebrow as he just smirked. “Forgetting something?”

            I slight smirk rested on my lips as my back leaned against the door. “Um, I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I say teasingly.