thirteen

𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗗𝗬 𝗧𝗢 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘

╰┈➤ CHAPTER THIRTEEN

┌── •✧• ──┐

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜𝗦

shake the frost - tyler childers

"and i love you like the mountains
love the way the mornin' opens"

└── •✧• ──┘

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 "𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘" 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 "𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐘" 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒. Her parents were Christians, thoroughly devoted to God.

Sometimes, when she was extremely happy, she would pray. She wasn't sure if there was anyone up there listening, and she wasn't sure if she was using the correct language to pray, but she did it anyways. How could she not thank someone for such beautiful moments in her life?

She prayed when she realized her and Lany were roommates. Eleven year old Addy wasn't entirely sure what she was doing, she spoke up to the sky, telling it thank you. It felt like the sky hugged her back.

She prayed when she became close with Remus. She was thirteen and he was the first guy friend she truly had. He was such a good force in her life, that she had to tell God, or whoever it was thank you. It felt like the sky hugged her back.

She prayed when she received her OWL's back. She received O's on everything but one, and that was a huge accomplishment. So she prayed, thanking Him for her ability to learn, her ability to grow, and her ability to succeed. It felt like the sky hugged her back.

She prayed when she met Regulus. At first, they were just sex. That wasn't when she prayed. Yes, it was a happy moment but it didn't truly give her joy and the feeling of being whole. No, she got the feeling of being whole when they began to actually talk. She realized Regulus might become the best friend she's ever had, besides Lany. He understood Addy, better than anyone she's ever met. So she prayed, and it felt like the sky hugged her back.

And now, she was praying once she was back at Hogwarts being able to see her friends again and having clarity on her emotions. And right now, it feels like the sky will hug her forever.

The group of six were sitting together in a compartment. Addy, James, and Lany on one side, Remus, Sirius, and Peter on the other. Adelaide instantly fell asleep, her head landing on James' shoulder.