Chapter Two; New Girl Meet Bad Boy

Mom, can I please stay home just this once?" I begged, not wanting to go to school, especially not on a Friday. "Sweetheart, you'll be fine," Mom said, sitting next to me on the edge of the bed. I sighed quietly and glanced at the time. "Look at the time," Mom said, checking her watch. "I've got to go." She left breakfast on the table, and I buried my face in the pillow, groaning about stupid school. After lying in bed for about 16 minutes, I suddenly jolted awake by blasting music. I got up to see who playing the music and realized it's the neighbor next door. I couldn't get a good look at him because of the curtains blocking the sun.

"Hey!" I yelled, and he opened his window. "Turn it down," I said, annoyed. "Never!" he shouted back. "You have five minutes to lower it, or I'm calling the cops!" Finally, he closed the window, but just when I thought there'd be peace, he started blasting music again. Ugh, this guy so rude and obnoxious, with no manners.

I had never been a morning person and hated waking up early. I walked to the bathroom and went about my routine. After my shower, I grabbed a towel and headed to my walk-in closet to choose an outfit. I was probably late for first class, so I opted for a black dress and a white sweater. I slipped on my favorite high heels and decided to leave my hair down. Picking up my purse and phone, I realized I didn't have time for breakfast. I pulled out my phone and started playing music as I entered the school.

Entering the school, I asked, "Can you help me find the office?" I looked at a friendly redhead nearby. "Yeah, sure! I'd love to," she answered. "My name's Zoey, what's yours?" "Faith," I replied with a smile. "You're really going to love it here at West High." She went on and on about how great it was. When we reached the office, Zoey  left, and I greeted by an older woman who seemed almost asleep. After a brief exchange, she handed me my schedule. I muttered a quick thanks and checked my schedule. The bell rang for third-period class, which turned out to be math, something I really hated. I made my way to the math class.

Enter the classroom, all eyes on me. "You must be the new student. Welcome," the teacher said. I headed to an empty seat and noticed the teacher's name on the desk: Mr. Tyler. Thank goodness I had brought my sweater; it cold in here. I took out my notebook and started taking notes. Class wasn't so bad, and before I knew it, the bell rang time for lunch. Students rushed out of the class, and I found a spot to sit and eat my food. A friendly girl, Zoey, approached me. "You must be new," she said. "Yeah, I am," I replied, smiling. We chatted as I ate my salad.

Suddenly, someone interrupted us with a taunt: "Hey, nerd!" I looked up to see a handsome but obnoxious-looking guy. "I'm not a nerd. Watch how you talk to me," I retorted, growing irritated. The cafeteria's attention now on us. I just wanted to eat my salad in peace, especially since I hadn't had breakfast. "Don't you know who I am?" he snapped. "Look, jerk, I don't even know you. I'd rather you leave me alone before I give you a black eye," I responded, my frustration building.Zoey intervened, calling out to someone named Jake. The bell rang, and Zoey  pulled me away to the bathroom to calm down.

"Do you know who that is?"Zoey yelled. "What's the big deal? I just wanted to eat my salad in peace," I exclaimed, adding that I didn't even get to eat it. "You were talking to Jake, the hottest bad boy in school," she informed me. With that, I headed to my next class, feeling like my mom should've let me skip school for a normal day. The day continued, and the next class was swimming lessons. The teacher was cool, and I hoped for a good summer.

As the week went on, I found myself encountering Jake again. He seemed to have no life and kept bothering me. I hoped school would be over soon so I could finish watching my favorite show. I was also babysitting today, even though my feet were killing me from the high heels. I arrived at the address my mom had sent and rang the doorbell. An older woman welcomed me and left instructions on the table. How hard could babysitting be?

But then, the familiar voice returned. "Well, well, well, look who it is," I heard, my heart sinking. I turned around, and to my dismay, there he was—Jake. My heart raced, and before I knew it, I was face-down on the floor.

My cheeks flushed with embarrassment as I scrambled to get back on my feet. The encounter was far from what I had hoped for, and it seemed like he was relishing the situation.

"Smooth move, Faith," Jake remarked with a smirk, leaning against the wall. I shot him a glare, my annoyance overpowering my embarrassment. "Just leave me alone, Jake." He chuckled, pushing himself off the wall. "Oh, come on. I was just trying to say hi."I rolled my eyes, not buying his attempt at casual conversation. "Right, because that's totally how you greet people."

He shrugged, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Well, we can't all be as graceful as you."
I crossed my arms, refusing to let his teasing get to me. "If you're done amusing yourself, I've got better things to do." He stepped closer, his playful demeanor fading slightly. "Hey, I didn't mean to ruin your babysitting gig.

I was just messing around."
I regarded him cautiously, not entirely sure if he was being genuine or just trying to save face. "Well, you succeeded in that." His lips curved into a half-smile. "Guess I'm just that good." I shook my head in exasperation. "You're impossible."

Jake's expression softened, his gaze meeting mine more seriously. "Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I promise I'm not all bad."
I raised an eyebrow, skeptical of his sudden change in tone. "And how am I supposed to believe that?"
He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I guess you'll just have to give me a chance to prove it."

My instinct was to brush him off and walk away, but there was something in his expression that gave me pause. Maybe he wasn't just the arrogant troublemaker I had assumed him to be. Or maybe I was just tired of the constant clashes.

"Fine, Jake. One chance," I conceded, my voice more begrudging than I intended.
A genuine smile spread across his face. "You won't regret it, Faith."

I wasn't entirely convinced, but I figured that giving him a shot couldn't hurt. After all, the unexpected turn of events with Tommy had taught me that sometimes, things weren't as they seemed.
As I walked away, leaving Jake behind, I couldn't shake the feeling that my journey in this new town was becoming more intricate and surprising than I had ever imagined.

The encounters with Jake were definitely adding a layer of unpredictability, and while he had a long way to go before winning me over, I was curious to see where this newfound acquaintance would lead.

Chapter Two

I hope you enjoy this edited version of Chapter Two. It's been proofread and adjusted for clarity. Please like and comment. I promise it will get better!