thorns

Beyoncé sighs as she closes all the tabs off of her laptop and powers the machine off. She stood up from her office chair, shutting the lid of the laptop and pushing the leather chair under the table. She hadn't seen Onika since the woman walked away from her, as much as she wanted to follow her, she decided against it only because she knew when her wife was pissed off like it was better to leave her to cool off than press her. So she walked upstairs, grabbed a shower and fresh clothes before going to her home office, she moved any appointments she had tomorrow and email Jatavia she will be unavailable tomorrow and to divert all of her calls to Don, her second in command.

She couldn't go in tomorrow, she needed to make sure her family was okay. She and Onika barely argue because they always puts things into the open and discuss it, the rare occasion when heated words are exchanged they always make sure they never leave it unsaid. Beyoncé just needed to work out the best course of action in this situation.

As she leaves her office, she peaked in at Malik and  smile, fast asleep. The boy can sleep that's for sure and shuts the door before making her way to hers and Onika's bedroom. One of their many rules, no matter how angry either were, they were to always sleep in the same room and Beyoncé wasn't about to break that.

When she stepped into the room, it was empty, she didn't get to wonder where her pint sized wife was as she saw the light coming through the slightly a jar en-suite so she decided to remove her clothes for bed. Leaving her only in her boxers and putting a long tee on before getting into her side of the bed. She checked her phone and saw a text from Frank asking her if she was alright and to call him back tomorrow. She liked the message before putting the phone on top of her side table just as the door of the en-suite opened and the light switch clicks off.

Beyoncé glanced towards the direction and met Onika's eyes. Her baby looked sad with swollen eyes, Beyoncé sighs knowing the woman has been crying

"Baby..." she starts and Onika's legs moved faster than Beyoncé seen her move getting into the bed and throwing herself on top of her and bursting into tears

"I'm sorry baby" she cried burying her face in the crooks of Beyoncé's neck who held her impossibly tight

"Oh honey, you have nothing to apologise for. I should be the one to apologise"

Onika sits up, legs on either sides of Beyoncé straddling her wife, her hands played with the front of Beyoncé's tee as she sniffles

"I shouldn't have gone off on you like that, I should have heard you out Bey, I-"

Beyoncé leans forward capturing her lips with hers cutting her off, Onika instantly opens her mouth to welcome the kiss, after a moment they pull away, forehead resting together

"I should have been here Onika, and I'm sorry I wasn't baby. Please forgive me"

Onika leans in and captures Beyoncé's lips with hers this time, pushing the blonde back against her pillow as she deepens the kiss

"I could never stay mad at you honey"  the brunette mumbles against Beyoncé's lips before resuming their kissing

Beyoncé's hand disappears inside Onika's top, her nails traced against her back, ranking gently against the smooth skin

Onika moans grinding against Beyoncé as her tongue dipped inside Beyoncé's mouth who sucked on it.  Air eventually forcing them apart but not away as they still were tangled together, face close together

"I love you" whispers Onika

"I love you too"

Onika moved down a little, head resting against Beyoncé's chest, clinging to the blonde like a koala, Beyoncé smiles widely, kissing the top of Onika's head as she felt the brunette relax in her embrace.