in the shadows

A/N: thanks everyone who are supporting this story. Means a lot. I will put all the complete chapters out while I work on completing the rest😊

— MARAJ-KNOWLES RESIDENT —

The sun shined brightly from the horizon, casting a glow against buildings, passing through smallest vulnerable spaces leaving shadows in its wake. Reaching the hidden mansion housing three family members. One in particular sleeping soundly sprawled on their back until the rude sun flashed against their face. Beyoncé groans as the sun mocked her while she tried to sleep, turning her face away from the glaring sun but unfortunately being a light sleeper, once awake, she can't sleep anymore.

Her light honey eyes flashed open and mugging no one in particular. She reaches over only to be met with empty space, she was alone in bed and really she should have anticipated that, her wife was an early riser. Deciding to get up, she laid there for a moment just to give her mind time to process before she starts the day.

_______________________

Beyoncé finally appeared all dressed and ready for her meetings ahead. She had a few clients she needed to see to sort out miscellaneous things before the big work started. Her heels click clack against the tiles flooring. She quickly found her small family in the kitchen. Her wife clad in her home robe by the stove and her baby boy absentmindedly playing bubbling in his high chair. Blowing raspberry as a way to sooth his splitting gums.

Beyoncé moved toward the baby in the high chair placing a kiss against his head of curls before moving to his mother and placing a gentle kiss against her cheek.

"Morning beautiful"

Onika humes happily borrowing herself into Beyoncé's arms. They stood there holding onto each other, rocking gently on the spot before pulling away

"Sit..." Onika moves a plate full of goodies on the table and Beyoncé's stomach growls in anticipation.

Without a word, she sat down and began grumbling down the eggs, bacon, sausages and brioche rolls.

"Giselle be for real" Onika gives her a look making Beyoncé slow down and swallow her mouthful

"Babe I'm running late as it already is"

"And I'm trying not to have to give my wife CPR for choking, slow down"

"I got some CPR for you" she joked as Malik suddenly lets out a gleeful shriek making his parents look at him.

"That's my boy" Beyoncé egged on proudly and Onika shook her head

Beyoncé finally finished up her breakfast, taking her plate to the sink, rise it up before shoving it into the dishwasher. She washed her hands then moved toward Malik who was bubbling to himself, finding interest in his chubby fingers and bents to his eye sight, the boy looking at her in wonder

"Hey buddy, look after your momma for me, okay bud" Beyoncé spoke ruffling his hair as he squeals happily, Beyoncé smiles standing up straight she found Onika admiringly staring at her and she threw a wink at Onika yelling 'I love you' as she headed toward the garage.

'Incoming call from the baddest bitch'

Alexa announced making Onika chuckle in amusement before asking Alexa to pick up

"Hi Lo"

'I didn't even call you, I called my nephew'

"Mmcht, then let me hang up so you can call him on his nonexistent phone that he don't got"

"Not too much on my Godson bitch"

"Lauren, language!" Onika chastened chancing a look toward the unbothered toddler in his own world.