Chapter 16 - Determination

~Annabelle's POV ~

I got myself prepared for school today. All of the Representatives, including me, had the chance to have an excused absence due to this emergency. Principal Delphine was able to tell all of our teachers the news.

I got my staff, locked it and placed it in my waist holster.

I looked at myself in the mirror and took a breath, "Calm down, Annabelle...you already trained. Everyone will be fighting alongside you."

I clenched my fists, "You have to stay calm..." I took another breath as I looked at the photo that had Stephen and I smiling together.

I smiled and left my bedroom.

"No need for my bag," I said as I left the house.

I closed the door behind me and found Master, raking the leaves from the front of the house. He noticed me and walked towards me, "Annabelle...are you sure you're going to be alright?"

I smiled to reassure him, "Don't worry...I'm not alone. It's scary...but," I placed a hand on my staff, "I have to save him. He can't fight without me."

My eyes shined with determination.

Master Troy scratched his head with a smile, "You have truly grown. Is this from Stephen's influence?"

I laughed, "Well part of it is from his influence, the rest....is from my friends. They helped me get this far and helped me train. It's about time that I don't take no for an answer."

"Atta girl. You should go on now before you're late for school."

I nodded and bowed to show respect, "Thank you, Master."

"Bring him back home!"

"I'll do my best!", I yelled as I ran away and ran towards Magic Academy.

At Magic Academy...

All the Representatives were already waiting for me. President Jessica found me and waved, "Annabelle!"

"Hey! Am I late?", I replied.

She shook her head, "No. You're just in time. Do you have your earphones?"

I nodded, "Yeah I do."

"Good. Well then, we're all set. Junichi."

Junichi nodded, "Understood." He turned towards everyone else, "Is everyone ready?"

Everyone nodded.

"Alright. Whenever you're ready Annabelle..", Junichi stood next to me as everyone stood behind us.

"LET'S GO!", I yelled as we all ran out of the campus.

From a window from the main building, Principal Delphine stood and smiled with pride as she watched us leave the campus.

~ Stephen's POV ~

I closed my eyes, trying to sense the area. Trying to see who is outside of my room and outside of this building...

Trying to see how many enemies are around.

I opened my eyes, exhaling.

I looked at the clock that happened to be at the wall and waited for the first guard to come inside.

Right at that moment, a silhouette of a guard appeared in front of my door. The guard opened the door as I stood up, pulled him in, and hit his stomach with my knee. I flipped him over onto the floor and punched his face so he can get knocked out cold.