SLIGHTLY LESS DEMONIC ENCOUNTERS

THE FOUR WOKE early the next morning in preparation for their first Monday at school.

Stella was luckily the first to wake up, during the night dalton had moved closer to her and his arm was draped loosely around her hip, in desperate attempt to not make things even more awkward between them, she got out of bed before he could wake up and acknowledge their position. Stella walked over to where Chris and Lizzie were cuddled up together and smiled as she stood over them. Stella had learnt a lot about Lizzie in the short time she'd known her and also learnt about her interest in girls and her interest in Chris and Stella could only hope Chris felt the same way as she'd already began to imagine the two together.

She moved to shake Lizzie awake, warning her that they would be late if they didn't leave to get ready soon.

"Hm?" Lizzie sat up, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hands and looking up at Stella through her long lashes. Stella would be lying if she said she didn't find Lizzie stunningly attractive. "We need to go and get ready for today, we are back to classes." Stella whispered, "yeah okay, we should wake these two up before we go though, i don't want them to be late." Stella agreed and move back to the bed in attempt to wake the sleeping boy.

She crouched down in front of him and placed her hand on his shoulder and shook him lightly. "Hey Dalton? Hey you need to get up buddy" she shook him again lightly and his eyes fluttered open and he focused on her face "Stell?" He stuttered, why was she in his room? Oh right, last night.

The memories of last night came rushing back to him, the nightmare, the discussion, the bed sharing.

Stella moved her hand to his hair, running her hand through it in attempt to wake him up a little more. "You need to wake up hun, you're going to be late if not" she smiled at him, standing up and smiling at Lizzie and Chris as they smiled softly at each other in the darkness.

The two girls left the dorm as the other two raised themselves out of bed.

They unlocked their dorm and took turns choosing outfits. The weather had been dreary and cold since they'd arrived and so the two had to dress accordingly. Stella picked out a tan jumper and some loose jeans and paired it with her boots and gold jewellery, her naturally curly hair left down and fringe styled loosely. Her and Lizzie left the dorm and unfortunately did not bump into their friends that morning as they walked down to the ground floor and split off to their respective lessons.

Stella sat in the middle of the classroom this time, deciding it was the only way she'd be attentive in the class that morning, she pulled her puffer jacket closer to her body as the cold overtook her.

She sat up as her professor walked in. "Good morning students" his old eyes twinkled as he smiled brightly, Stella had never seen someone with such passion for teaching, he lived to spread knowledge.

"We are going to go over the basics over the next few weeks just to make sure we're all on the same page"

He went over a few topics, Stella had gotten every question he'd asked her right and her professor had requested to speak to her after class.

After the class had filed out she walked to the front of the room and up to the desk.

Her professor removed his glasses and perched himself on the desk.

"You have a gift miss Greene" he complimented. She smiled at him, grateful for his words.

"You could go far in this field, very far. If you stick to this and keep trying, you could achieve anything dear." He smiled at her and dismissed her as she thanked him and left the classroom.

"Hey Stella" a boy from her class that she didn't know the name of stood off the wall and began walking beside her.

She gave him a short smile and began to walk a bit faster, she wasn't a stand off type of girl but she wasn't in the mood to stand around and chat, she wanted to find Dalton and see how he was feeling, she knew how shaken up he was and she didn't like the idea of him being alone after last night.

However the boy didn't seem to catch a hint and her practically running away didn't deter him.

"So, how are you?" He questioned, widening his steps to keep up with her.

"Good" she gave him a very tight lipped smile but didn't return the question and he continued to attempt to walk beside her. She quickly located Dalton and he gave her a questioning look towards the boy following her. She returned the look and Dalton turned to the boy, clearly getting the hint.

"Can I help you?" Dalton stepped closer to him, "I don't know bro? Can you?" The boy retaliated, stepping closer to Dalton "Don't think she really wants to talk to you" Dalton replied, he wasn't in the mood to argue but his friend was uncomfortable and he couldn't let it go.

The boy stepped closer to Stella "this your boyfriend huh?" She looked up at him. "No he isn't, I shouldn't have to have a boyfriend for you to leave me alone. Me saying no right now should be enough for you to respect that maybe I don't want to talk to you?" The boy stepped back in shock, clearly not expecting Stella to stand up for herself and scoffed, muttering under his breath as he walked away.

Dalton turned to the girl and softened his gaze "I'm sorry you have to deal with that." He apologised. "Hey it's okay, it's shitty but we deal with it as girls and as much as I wish it wasn't like this, it is and there's nothing I can do about it" she smiled at him and wrapped her arm around his middle and he rested his arm across her shoulders as they walked back to his dorm, laughing and smiling, feeling at peace for the first time in a few days.

Dalton unlocked his dorm door and invited Stella in to help him figure out what may be happening to him, she of course agreed and followed him into his dorm, dropping her bag onto the floor as he told her Chris and presumably Lizzie would be back soon, He had seen Lizzie when they left art class and she'd told him she was going to get coffee with Chris.

"I wonder if it's a date" Stella smiled at Dalton and he chuckled at her, having also considered it.

But before Dalton could comment, his phone began to ring.

FOSTER

Popped up on the screen and Dalton turned to Stella. "Hey it's my brother, mind if I answer?"
"Of course not! Go ahead." She laughed, confused as to why he'd ask her permission but granted him it anyways.

He answered the call quickly.

"Hey Dalton..." Foster began.

——————————————————
Hey girlies! So I've low-key decided Dalton is kinda cute golden retriever ish when he's not being haunted by a demon so enjoy the fluff while you can LOL

Also Stella is a force to be reckon with, she is a feminist, strong independent woman and she can stick up for herself when she needs too, no relying on her friends for that.

Cheers love u bye