TELL ME YOUR STORY

STELLA LAY AWAKE in her bed, she'd been tossing and turning for hours as Lizzie slept peacefully in the bed next to her.

Stella had always struggled to sleep, but something about tonight was different. She felt as though she was waiting, waiting for something to happen even though she had no reason as to why.

As Stella lied there, staring at the ceiling she could've sworn she heard foot steps approaching the door, quietly yet quickly they left as soon as they came and Stella was sat there once again, desperately trying to sleep in order to be awake for her classes the next day.

However, her anticipation ended in the form of three small knocks on the door. "Lizzie? Hey Lizzie wake up! There's someone tapping on the door." Lizzie sat up in her bed and turned towards the door as Stella crept towards it, slowly grasping the handle, making sure to place one foot at the bottom of the door incase she needed to push it shut once again.

Through the small crack in the door she was met with a desperate looking Dalton. Letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding she swung the door open fully before smacking Dalton in the chest. "What are you doing? It's like 3am you scared us!" Stella scolded the boy as he reached up to rub the spot she'd just slammed her hand into.

"Hey, hey I'm sorry okay? You guys need to come here, we have to tell them what we saw Stell, things keep happening that i can't explain alone and I think this is only the beginning." Dalton voiced his concern and Stella's eyes softened as she reached out and placed her hand on his bicep in order to show her sympathy and she removed it in order to retrieve her roommate.

Dalton wandered back into his room, followed by a sleepy Lizzie (who was still bundled in a blanket) and an anxious Stella.

The two girls entered the room as smiled at Chris as they took a seat in each bed, Stella on Dalton's bed and Lizzie cuddled up to Chris on the other as she watched Stella moving up to lodge herself between Daltons pillow and the wall before wrapping herself in a blanket he had perched behind his bed, shivering from the late September air.

"So what the hell is going on?" Chris asked, looking at Dalton expediently as he sat down on his bed, leaning back slightly against Stella's legs and shaking his head softly, smiling as she jokingly offered him a corner of the blanket.

"Somethings happening to me. I'm seeing things,Crazy things." He started "You know that kid at the frat house that they talked about, with the incident?" The two girls sat in the bed opposite shook their heads confusedly and looked at one of the two to continue. "We saw him, Stella and I, he was dead. It started with an art exercise, and she asked us to dig deep into a memory, into our subconscious" Stella now sat forward slightly, not having heard this part of the story before. "So I did and I drew this door." Lizzie and Chris both began to accuse him of drinking too much 'frat juice'. There was no way he was thinking logically right?

"Hey he's being serious." Stella raised her eyebrows at the two " I know what I saw and I don't know about Dalton but he definitely didn't look alive to me. Almost as if he'd just spent a year like decomposing or something" Stella wasn't impressed with the two girls but she knew she probably wouldn't believe them either so she allowed their confusion.

Dalton smiled at her before continuing "Tonight, I was painting and I fell asleep, and when I woke up this lantern appeared. It was like a dream, but it wasn't a dream. And then I walked to Chris' room. I know how this sounds." He concluded, waiting for someone to comment on his story or accuse him of lying. Chris slowly stood up, unwrapping her arms from Lizzie and approaching Dalton's painting, staring down at it.

"I feel like I'm getting closer to something. Or somethings getting closer to me"

"You got a few extra pillows?" Chris asked as the rest of them looked at her in confusion, expecting more than a sleepover invitation.

The two girls from across the hall stood to gather their things and exit the room before Chris stopped them. "Where are you going?" She asked, expecting them to all stay together after the events of tonight. "Back to our room? There's hardly enough room in here for four of us." Lizzie asked, confused at what else they were supposed to do.

"No way. You need to stay with us, we gotta discuss this! There's so much to figure out. You can't leave now!" The two looked at each other apprehensively, before wandering back to the middle of the room. "Where are we meant to sleep?" Stella asked, expecting to be told to sleep on the floor. "I can sleep on the floor, one of you two have my bed" Dalton proposed yet Stella was having none of it, refusing the let him give up his bed and deciding she would sleep on the floor. "Stop it guys, it's too late for this. How about, Me and Lizzie can share this bed, and Stella as you are the smallest, you can share with Dalton?" Chris proposes, looking at the two expediently.

Stella raised her eyebrows at Dalton as he moved over to allow the girl some space, deciding to ignore the thick layer of awkward surrounding them and climbing into bed next to each other, Stella practically hanging off the bed and Dalton squashed up against the wall, desperate to give the other some space in-between.

Chris and Lizzie looked at each other and laughed as they wrapped their arms around each other jokingly and cuddled up together, mocking the other two as they did so. Dalton suppressed a laugh as Stella rolled her eyes.

Stella seemed to have no more trouble sleeping that night and although her brain had been functioning all night, preventing her from sleeping, her worries seemed to have disappeared as a sleeping Dalton threw his arm loosely over her waist unconsciously.

Stella fell asleep with a smile on her face that night, the awkward tension now gone and the four friends slept peacefully in the comfort of their new chosen family.