Chapter 31

I woke up to sounds of shouting coming from the kitchen. "Go home! She doesn't want to see anyone especially you!" I got up and walked in the kitchen and I about fell to the ground. Standing in the kitchen was none other than Ashley arguing with Jim. Jim saw my and sent me an apologetic look. I gave him a half smile. "Ashley did you want to talk to me?" She turned around and looked at me. "Yes I did actually." I shrugged. "Then get on with it." She turned and looked back at Jim who shot her a look. "Can we talk in private?" She asked looking back at me. I nodded and walked upstairs into the game room and plopped down on the couch. She followed me and sat down. She smiled, but I just rolled my eyes. "What do you want Ashley." She threw her hands up in defense. "I just wanted my side to be told." I sighed. "You know I really don't care about your side." "Please? It'll be quick. I promise." I shrugged. "Fine. Hurry up with it." She took a deep breath. "I graduated with the guys. I never got actually acquainted with Clay until the accident. We instantly clicked. I was there for him through all of issues and problems. I fell inlove with him. It turns out we were going to the same college. We went together. I took him to a party to celebrate getting into college and to just let loose and forget about everything going on...well we got drunk and ended up getting married. At first it was a great marriage, but then it went down. He wanted to leave, but I didn't want him to. So I pretended to be pregnant so he would stay. He found out I lied and left. I've had divorce papers drawn up for a while now I just couldn't bring myself to give them to him." She finished. I sat there waiting for the rest of the story or something. "Is that all?" I asked after a few minutes. She looked up at me for the first time since finishing the story. "Look Elana, I wouldn't be here if I didn't think some part of him loved me. If I knew that not even a little part of him loved me then I'd give him the papers and leave. I love my husband." She answered a stray tear rolling down her cheek. I sat there unable to talk. I just wanted to cry. I thankfully didn't cry though. I said the only thing I was worried about. "You should give him the papers anyway. Not for my sake, but his. He deserves to get the choice. If..." I took a deep breath steadying my voice. "If he really loves you like you think he does then he wont want to sign them." She looked unsure at first, but eventually nodded in agreement.