ix

Chapter IX - Remember

Present Day

Remember Jamie's Cafe? That time when I spilled Chai Latte all over you and your uniform? Your reaction was priceless!

Since you were practically OCD, you panicked because it looked dirty. Remember when Maria gave us those spray bottles with instant stain removing liquid in it? You used it for the first time that day; and for the first time in forever, I heard you thank Maria, although she wasn't with us because she had that Christmas Play in the theatre in school.

You and Maria never really got along that well, Kai. Without me in out trio, you guys would've started WW3. I'm practically the glue of the trio; but now, I don't think I'd need to be the glue to anything but my broken heart. 

Maria and I are in Starbucks as I type this down on my phone. She wanted a stress reliever from school. 

I've been finding her weird lately. She's been asking me to hangout with her every after classes; what happened to all of her extra-curricular activities? Anyway, I think they're just alibis because you used to go out with me every afternoon. Keyword, used to.

I have to go now or Maria's gonna have my head in a silver platter.

Wait, make that gold. She hates silver.

Later, Kai.

Ava