viii

Chapter VIII - What Happened

Present Day: University Campus

Every afternoon, after school, we go to the tea house nearby. Well, we used to.

The Tea Spot was really popular, even those from schools down town go there for tea, but it's not like all would pass up Starbucks for tea.

The Tea Spot was our home every afternoon just to kill the stress, just because we're honor students doesn't mean they could kill us with homework!

One time, back in 7th grade, we were given so much work to do, with the Math and Science competitions coming up plus the Journalism competition and Dance competition I've got coming and you've got your soccer thing going on, we decided to spend the time there until closing.

We finished so much Chai Lattes that I had a tea baby in my stomach!

I sigh, old days.

But now, your afternoons are not spent with me anymore. You spend them with Ana, watching her cheer her cheerleader-y cheers for you and waiting up for her 'till she's finished with cheer practice. You spend them watching movies in the cinema, or going shopping even though you hate shopping.

They're not spent with me, doing random stuff in The Tea Spot, or finishing Venti Frappucinos in Starbucks. They're not spent with me at all.

I miss you, Kai. More than you'll ever know.

I'd be happy for you, even if it killed me. I'd be happy for you, only if you didn't slowly pretend that I never existed.