You'll Do Just Fine (Spring 9)

IX.

The sound of a sharp breath brought Madoka back from her unconscious state. Her head pounded but the last thing she remembered was messing with that damn crystal inside her heart. There were no strands swirling at the edges of her vision so she closed her eyes again. If she could groan she would but she realized she was not the one who was breathing hard.

The slivers of moonlight slipped their way through the curtains with the breeze gently like soft fingers through smooth feathers. Her bed swayed and the breathing grew quicker. Her eye cracked opened and through her sleep-clogged vision she saw Audrey curled next to her. The curve of her body glistened under the twin moons and the girl suddenly trembled.

Was she having a bad dream? Madoka wanted to wake her up but she stayed quiet for a moment then Audrey whimpered. No, she realized it was out of a different emotion. Pleasure?

Audrey let out another quick gasp and Madoka watched her slip her hand down underneath the sheets. The princess's neck craned upward as she did and Madoka sensed lust and relief overtake Her Highness. The girl rocked back and forth in a dance of hot desire and icy yearning to be held by another. Madoka knew this and yet she did not dare move.

"Want you, Ma..." Audrey whispered softly. "Doka..."

There was something odd in the girl's sleeptalk but Madoka did not answer her. A quivering knee bumped against the maid's thighs but she managed to remain calm. The girl was sorting herself out but that was as far as the red haired girl wanted to know. So she pretended she was asleep and merely rolled to the other side of the bed. The breathing suspended itself as she did but after awhile the bed continued to rock. It must have been only a few minutes but to the maid it felt like an eternity of awkwardness.

"Madoka?" Audrey's voice was deeper and alert but the maid did not wish to interrupt her antics so she did not respond. She felt herself getting tense but managed to contain herself. The princess felt Madoka's shoulder and relaxed. "Heh, mana burn is no joke."

The warm hand removed itself and soon Audrey fell back asleep.

Good night, Your Highness, Madoka prayed for her before she succumbed to her sleepiness. May the kind gods protect you.

The first thing Madoka awoke to were those damn strings again. Golden light traced themselves along the bed, across the floorboards and even in the darkness of the air. The twin moons still hung in the sky but by sheer instinct alone she knew it was morning. She was on her back and did not feel like Audrey did anything to her.  If she was honest with herself she did not know if she truly wanted anything like that with the princess yet.

She raised a hand above her head and watched the mana strands slip in between each one of her fingers. There were more important things to worry about and much more work to do! She crushed the strands in her fist and wondered if the chimes of shattering magic could be heard by the sleeping ball next to her. As expected, Audrey did not stir. Her clothes were still folded but they were placed on the bed that was supposed to be her friend's. When she opened her hand again the strands swirled in their own patterns once more.

Madoka rolled out of bed and stood above the sleeping princess. There was not a single worry on the girl's cheeks. With a face like that how could she force her to sleep in her own bed? The maid sighed and stripped off her nightwear. The axe and swords were also placed neatly by the stand within reach. Audrey had some semblance of an idea on how to tidy up the place. The maid noticed her hand glowed faintly but the strands disappeared from her vision.

She would definitely have to practice her magic more as much as she did not want to.

"Ma," Audrey murmured. "Don't you..."