- show up.

•˖*
𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙎𝙏𝙐𝙇𝙏
⚡︎ heartstopper
•˖*

——         𝕾kylar was filled with nerves. Her rounders game was today and she still wasn't sure if Nick was going to show up. Currently, she had just tied her hair back into a plaited ponytail and was applying a small amount of concealer to her under-eyes, trying to mask the redness of crying.

Luke was sat in her room, watching her get ready whilst sporting a top that said TEAM HIGGS (you got this Skylar!) It was incredibly cringy and Skylar had begged him not to wear it but, since when does Luke listen to anyone? He was on a rant about how he felt like Charlie was ignoring him.

"Luke." Skylar sighed, spinning around in her chair to face him. "Did you take the quiz?"

"No, because I'm not gay." Luke denied, fiddling with his thumbs.

But he had taken the quiz. He had answered the questions honestly and was given a result that made him cry. His whole life was changing and he was having a massive identity crisis over one boy. One boy. Words couldn't even begin to express how confused Luke felt, Confused and uncomfortable. How would everyone else react to him being attracted to boys? How would his friends react? Well, they couldn't if they didn't know. That night, when the answer to all of his questions was given, he refused to believe it. And if he refused to believe it, it would go away right?

"But I have invited him to come over to my house." Luke told, perking Skylar's interest. "On, like, Wednesday."

"Wednesday?!" Skylar exclaimed, cracking her back with the speed in which she turned around in her seat. "That's literally in two days!"

"Yeah, I know..." Luke nodded, trying to find something else to change the topic of conversation. "Is Nick coming today?"

"He said he would." Skylar shrugged, sighing while blending out her concealer. "But after yesterday, I really have no idea."

Subconsciously, she glanced down at her phone and switched it on. Unsurprised but disappointed at the result of an empty lock screen.

"Have you texted him about it?" Luke asked, lying back on her bed. "You're a stubborn little bitch so I'm gonna take a wild guess and say no."

"Rude." Skylar rolled her eyes and then sighed. "I don't know. Usually he's the first one to speak after an argument but this one feels different."

"Maybe that's your problem!" Luke groaned, running his hands over his face. "He always apologises first and now he wants to see if you will, because, I didn't lie. You're a stubborn little bitch. Text him! It doesn't have to be an apology, just say something."

nick❤️‍🩹.

are you coming today? x
read 10:46am

do you want me to?

yeah, please.
delivered 10:50am