To Say Goodbye

Hiccup's P.O.V.

(Play the part when it's time. Or don't. It is time.)

We did it. It's over. It's finally over. Grimmel is gone and the Dragon Trappers are no more. I open my eyes and look over to see Toothless and Twilight with their respective partners. Toothless and I make eye contact and he then looks off into the distance. I feel myself frown and I look at (Y/N). She gives me a sad smile as she looks away from me and I look to see Twilight with sad expression too. I didn't want it to be, but things have changed. Even if Grimmel is gone, there are still people out there who will hurt dragons.

I look at (Y/N) again and she slowly nods her head. It's time. We separate and I hop my way to Toothless. He roars softly as I rest a hand on his head. He nudges it a little as I softly pet him. I look into those big green eyes. The eyes I first looked into all those years ago. The eyes which hold a soul like my own. And the eyes that I found... A brother. "You're right, bud. It's time. I was so busy fighting for a world I wanted... I didn't think about what you needed." I tell him, looking at the Light Fury as we make eye contact. I smile at her then look back to Toothless again. "You and Twilight have looked after us long enough. Time to look after yourselves." I say, holding back a sob.

Third Person P.O.V.

As Hiccup was saying his goodbye to Toothless, (Y/N) was with Twilight doing the same. The (H/C)-haired woman gently rests her hands on Twilight's chin as she looks into the beautiful purple eyes of the female Night Fury. "I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me." She starts, fighting back the tears that threaten to fall. Twilight coos at her to try and comfort her friend.... No. Her sister. "I know it has to be done. For you and all dragons," (Y/N) swallows a little, "But I'm gonna miss you so much." She says softly. Twilight purrs as she softly nuzzles against her. The male Light Fury could not help but feel sad for the two as he watches from a distance.

As everyone watches the sad scene, Astrid looks down in thought then looks back and sees Valka nods her head. Astrid frowns but stays strong as she walks to Stormfly. She slides her hand across the Nadder's chin as she goes and removes the saddle. It drops to the ground as Stormfly moves to look at Astrid. "Oh, Stormfly. My good girl." Astrid's voice breaks as she rest her head on her friend's. The Nadder closes her eye as the two share one last embrace. "Alright, Grumpy. Off you go." Gobber says as he removes Grump's saddle. The Hotburple coos softly at his friend. "So long, you big ugly beast. Miss you." Eret says to Skullcrusher, as he removes the saddle. The Rumblehorn huffs at him as the man softly pets him.

Fishlegs pets Fishmeat then lays a hand on Meatlug as the Gronckle looks at him with a smile. Snotlout watches with a sad frown but then goes and removes Hookfang's saddle. The rest of the people follow as they remove gear from their dragons. Releasing them so that they will be safe. "Oh, Cloudjumper." Valka holds the Stormcutter's face with gentle hands as the two embrace. Tuffnut softly nudges Ruffnut as the two look at each other with sadness. Barf and Belch behind them as they stay close until ready.

So enough, every dragon was ready as Hiccup, (Y/N), Toothless, and Twilight all watch. Hiccup lays a hand on Toothless' head and (Y/N) does the same with Twilight. The two Vikings look at their dragons once more. "Go on, bud." Hiccup says to Toothless. The male Night Fury looking at him. "Lead them to the Hidden World." Toothless coos softly as he nudges him gently with his head. "You and Twilight will be safe there. Safer than you could ever be with us." Hiccup says softly as he rubs Toothless' head. Twilight looks at (Y/N) as the two look at one another. (Y/N) holds Twilight close as she gently stokes her head, "It will be okay." She whispers to the female Night Fury.

"It's okay. I love you too. And I want you to be free." Hiccup tells Toothless. Toothless coos as Hiccup hops back a little. "Our world doesn't deserve you. Yet." Hiccup states. Toothless looks back at the female Light Fury as she and her brother watch. Twilight nudges (Y/N) as she guides her to be with Toothless and Hiccup. Together, the four embrace in a hug as they tightly hold on to each other. (Y/N) let the tears fall down her face as she basks in the warmth of the three beings closest to her heart. "I love you guys." She whispers. The two Night Furies purr softly. Twilight gives Hiccup a tender lick on his face as Toothless gives (Y/N) one too.

They then separate as Hiccup faces Toothless and (Y/N) faces Twilight. "Go, Toothless. Go." Hiccup whispers tearfully as he rests his hand on the Fury before him. (Y/N) rests her hand on Twilight as she then places a kiss on the Fury's nose. Slowly, Hiccup and (Y/N) removed their hands from the Night Furies. The two Furies look at the two people they see as family before them and only receive sad encouraging smiles. Toothless and Twilight share a look then look back at the Light Furies. The two white dragons give them ready looks and together the Alphas roar loudly.

All the dragons roar with them. The Alphas look to their mates as they coo softly and take off to lead the the dragons to the Hidden World. The dragons follow as the Dragon Riders watch, Fishlegs putting Fishmeat into Meatlug's mouth as she flies off. Everyone watch with bittersweet feelings as they watch their scaly friends fly off. Eret comforts Gobber, who was wiping away tears, as he rests an arm on him.

Once all the dragons were off the island, Toothless and Twilight look back at Hiccup and (Y/N). The two individuals hold hands as they smile at the Night Furies. Twilight gives them a small smile as she then looks at her brother. Toothless looks at the ground for a moment before looks at his sister. The two then take flight as the fly off to the Hidden World. The crowd watches as the dragons fly off into the horizon.

Hiccup holds onto (Y/N)'s hand as his eyes never leave the dragons. He feels her give a comforting squeeze as she too watches on. They then smile as they knew that they would be safe. They would be loved. They would have each other. Saying goodbye is hard, but it is not the worst.

(I CRIED AS I WAS WRITING THIS!!!! IT HURTS SO MUCH!!!!😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭)