what the hell is going on? (Kyle POV

(Idk who the artist is for the drawing 😭)

I hear the bell ring and I go to my next class, thankfully it's with Stan. I enter the algebra class and gleefully sit next to Stan with a smile, it slowly fades as I see Stan's tired face.

"Are you sure you're alright? You look very tired, I just wanna be here for you" I'm starting to worry, I know there's something Stan isn't telling me. I'll figure it out sooner or later tho.

"I'm fine, really. I just didn't get much sleep last night, playing games haha" Stan went quiet after he spoke. I'll talk to him later, it's probably not best to discuss it while there are people around, especially if it's personal.

"Alright...if you say so" I occasionally make glances at Stan just to make sure he's not crying or anything. Maybe it has something to do with Wendy? I'm probably wrong tho, he would come to me if that happened.

-

RING RING RINGGGGGGG

Why do they have to make the school bell ring so damn loud, I swear I could get a heart attack. I see Stan get up, I lightly grab his arm

"Stan, something is bothering you and I want to know. I want to figure out what's the issue so I can help...please?" I have concern in my voice, I just want to see Stan smile. Or well, I want to make him smile.

"Look I'm fine, Kyle" Stan said a bit bluntly, I sigh softly and let go of Stan's arm. I'll text him later, I'm most likely being nosy about this, but I want to know what's going on.

-

I start to walk to my band class with Kenny, he's also a good friend of mine, and he listens occasionally. Maybe I could just talk to him about Stan, he might know something

"Dude, have you noticed that Stan has been tired and I guess annoyed at something lately?" I say with a slight frown, my hands in my front pockets

"Mhphph, mhp mmhp (I dunno, I don't really pay attention. I'm sure he'll get over it)" Kenny says with a shrug, he seems nonchalant about this...am I the only one who notices? I nod slightly and look at the floor as we walk into the music room.

-

The bell rings and it's now lunchtime 12:40. I put my trumpet into its case and back into my locker, Why am I so worried about Stan? I swear he's never off my mind, I'm just a concerned best friend...yeah that's it. I start walking to the cafeteria

I hope Stan's okay...

-442 words