Chapter 4

Fleur's crying had reduced to a sniffle and she would only have to wipe the occasional stray tear away. She would quietly mutter the directions to her home to the daunting man beside her. 

Theo, she reminded herself, he had told her to call him that. Throughout the drive she had sneaked a couple of glances his way only to find him already looking at her. When their eyes briefly met she would turn bright red in shame of being caught and immediately cast her eyes back down to her lap where her right hand was still cradling her left one.

Theo, however, was overjoyed every time she would look his way and wished she would keep eye contact with him. But Theo had been told about Fleur by Elijah and Oliver and knew how reserved she was so as much as it upset his wolf that she wouldn't look at him the more rational human side knew that he had to give it time.

Not to long after they pulled up in front of a small wood cabin built in the same rustic style in which most cabins on the pack land were constructed in. He jumped out of the car and made his way to the passenger seat door which she had already opened ready to climb out. He got to her in time to steady her on the gravel of the driveway before reaching back into the car and grabbing her backpack. 

He turned to see Fleur already making her way to the front door so Theo hurried to catch up with her. Fleur rang the doorbell and waited for her Mother to appear. She was lucky Tuesdays were the days that her mom usually spent at home.

"Soo uhm thank you for the lift" Fleur reached out her right hand expectantly for backpack which Theo still held in his by his side. In that moment the front door flew open to reveal Sabine on the other side.

One thing she really hadn't expected this morning was to find her daughter back on her porch with the Theodore Deveraux by her side. 

Immediately Sabine was scared she couldn't imagine what her shy angel of a daughter could have done to warrant the Alpha to bring her home. As Sabine took Fleur in she noticed her tear stained face right away but also how she protectively cradled her wrist.

"Fleur darling what happened to you?" At her mother's words Fleur started crying again. What had happened to her? She was supposed to be in her Photography class right now discussing her idea for the term assignment and now here she stood being stared down by not only her mother but also the wolf to her left.

"Mrs. Sutton, I'm Theodore Devereaux I'm your daughters mate" Theo's voice rang through the silence and Sabine's mouth opened in shock. 

Theodore Devereaux's reputation far proceeded him even into the human settlement where he would often grace the headlines of numerous newspapers. He was calculated and sophisticated, an imposing force of nature who ruled his pack fairly but with an iron fist. So what on earth had the moon goddess been thinking pairing this mountain of man with her Fleur.

"Darling are you hurt?" Sabine reached out for her daughter and gently pulled her into the house, she felt the Alpha close behind her as she maneuvered Fleur out of the hallway into the kitchen where she sat her at the kitchen table.

"Whatever did you do now love?" Sabine asked as she sat next to her daughter kissing her on her forehead. Fleur smiled shyly back at her mother it was true that the teenager was very accident prone.

"I slipped in the snow and fell on my wrist" Fleur mumbled embarrassed at the fact that she was still crying. Fleur was also aware of the looming presence standing behind her she could practically feel him breathing down her neck.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Sutton it was my fault I scared your daughter when I approached her" Theo's rough voice filled the kitchen as Sabine turn to him with an unsure gaze.