Two Days After the Letter ~ Dramarama ~ Nora

"Simmer down!" Our drama teacher, Mrs. Bickersteth, steps out from behind her desk. We call her B for short because Bickersteth is a mouthful. Plus, I think she's trying to be cool by having a single initial for her name. But she's kind of a cool teacher, I suppose. For an older lady.

She stands beside her desk in the corner and holds up her stupid homemade sign. She has long dark hair, pulled up in a messy bun with loose strands all over so that she looks rather frazzled. "Simmer down everybody!" she yells again, but the drama crowd is really boisterous, because we're full of flamboyant drama kids.

The racket dies down finally. The last ping of the bell sounds over the few people still talking. B blows a piece of hair out of her face and goes over to these two new kids by the door. She has an overly excited smile on her face. "Oh, thank god you aren't identical!" she says, giving them a huge grin. "Which one are you?" she asks the kid with curly hair.

". . . This is Kaden," the other kid says. He has brown spikey hair. Kaden has black curly hair. They both have deep tans. They're obviously brothers, since they're both new and look practically identical except for their hair. How cute!

"Then you're Logan," she says, looking at the spikey haired guy. He nods. The clamor in the room builds back up.

"I said be quiet!" B yells. A couple students over in the corner keep laughing. Tyler and their jock friends. And Drew and his art friends. "If you don't knock it off, I'm going to share that story with your mother, Tyler!" The laughter escalates, and then dies down. Everyone is smiling except for Tyler, who sits back on his couch and holds his hands up, as if to say that he doesn't care what she tells his mother. I don't know why he's in drama; he's such a jock and a totally mean guy. Like, seriously racist! I hate him.

"I'm Mrs. Bickersteth. Call me B," she says quietly to the new kids. Identical, she said. What, are they twins? B raises her voice and says, "Here are the new guys. Why don't you tell us a little about yourselves?"

"Um, I'm Logan Hastings." He raises his eyebrows at his brother.

"I'm Kaden." Gosh, he's cute! With a cute little nose, high cheek bones, thin eyebrows for a guy. His hair is picture perfect, large curls that frame his face. Holy cow, I'd just about die to be his girlfriend!

"We're from Oregon," Logan says.

"They're twins!" Mrs. B. says.

Oh! Twins!? I want to call dibs in front of everyone. But Kaden's brother Logan is just as cute. I like his simple spikey brown fair. He has a confident smile on his face, while his brother looks totally uncomfortable up there in front of everyone. I like the confident type best, so maybe Logan's the guy for me. But the tall silent type is also pretty attractive, actually.

B turns back to the twins and says, "What's your favorite part about Drama?"

"Performances," Logan says. "I wanna do shows."

"Awesome," B says. She switches her gaze to Kaden.

"Uh . . ." He shrugs hopelessly.

"Performing? Reading plays? Improv?" B prompts.

"He helped with the sets at our old school," Logan says.

"Oh, are you the artsy type?" B grins from ear to ear. "We always need people on the set crew."

That's cool. I love the artsy type, too! But it makes me think about my ex-best friend, Miri, who I haven't talked to in ages. Like, half a year probably. She was in my art class last year with Laurel, and though the two of us only took the class for a fine arts credit, Miri really loved it.