chapter 4

With Dolores

Mariano:at last we've turned the corner, with help from God above, he scampered back i realized why, they call this puppy love

*Dolores sighed with loving smile on her face looking at Mariano at a distance, she had her eyes closed imagining that Mariano is telling her that people for her and her alone. Sadly that's not what destiny had stored for her. The second she opened her eyes her dream was over as the truth laid before her, Mariano was serenading Isabela not her*

Dolores:.....

*the scene tugged on Dolores heartstrings as isabela giggled and gave Mariano the man she loves a kiss*

Pepa:Dolores can you come home please? We....have something to discuss with you

*Dolores sighed and walked away, as always whenever she would walk people would shut up around her since they didn't want Alma's personal rat to tell there secrets. Dolores made it back to back to Casita giving the house a small pat as a greeting and walked inside seeing her parents waiting for her looking nervous*

Dolores:Something exciting must be happening if you are in such a mood. Are we finally gonna celebrate Mirabel's belated quinceañera?

*There moods got down a little Dolores had to fight to not roll her eyes*

Dolores"of course they forgot. If Antonio didn't get a gift would they forget him too?"

*Dolores shuttered at the thought and shook her head not wanting to know the answer to that question*

Felix:uh, oh yeah we'll definitely talk about that some other time. But that's not why we called you here

Dolores"some other time. Not we'll do it but we'll talk about it"

*Dolores pursed her lips slightly knowing she's no better she also forgot about it. She waved her hand for them to continue, felix coughed looking more nervous, Dolores could hear her mother muttering her mantra*

Pepa:clear skies clear skies clear skies.....

Felix:it's uh...about your love life. You are around the same age your mother and me met and fell in love, but you don't even have anyone that your interested in

*Dolores flinched and crossed her arms looking another way*

Dolores:yeah, well I'm just not interested in anybody at the moment. There's nobody single in this town that catches my eye

*Dolores muttered not wanting to admit that she's the one in love with Mariano*

Dolores"even if I did what good will it do? They'll say the same crap abuela always says "isabela is the perfect choice " "it's for the good of encanto" "

Félix:and uh that's perfectly fine but we think it's time you uh...pick somebody

Dolores:you mean abuela wants me to be with somebody and you guys didn't defend me and my right to choose

*Felix and Pepa flinched, Pepa looked down stopping her mantra for a second*

Felix: cariño we tried...

Dolores:trying and doing are two totally different things. Good thing abuela loved you right? If not who knows what could've happened