Chapter 4: A New Family

The next day has come. It was all over the news. Gabriel Agreste is arrested. He's going to prison for life. Agreste Mansion was scouted by the police, who found the former sleeping corpse of the actually-now-dead Emily Agreste buried in rubble.

Marinette hasn't seen Adrien since then. Nathalie's also been arrested for helping Gabriel in his crimes. Adrien's bodyguard had no knowledge of his boss being Hawk Moth, so they let him go.

Speaking of Adrien himself, he's been very moody lately at school. Some people smeared at him, accusing him of having been siding with his father the whole time. Marinette just wished that she could just lift the pain off of Adrien's shoulders. Adrien and his now-former bodyguard took an apartment until they figured out what to actually do with the poor boy.

Felix's family had offered to adopt him, but Adrien refused, not wanting to be with anyone like Felix, especially now. Nino's tried the same thing, being his best friend and all, but not him either. Adrien didn't want to live with his friend the way he is now. Then came Chloe, Adrien's childhood "friend". It was obvious. However, Adrien didn't want her either.

Marinette walked to the bleachers where she last heard Adrien was located. He sat all alone. Marinette looked at her cookies and she baked herself back at the bakery. They were in shapes of faces, mainly those of Cat Noir and Ladybug. She walked slowly to him. She tried not to fall by tripping with her crutches.

"Hi, Adrien." said Marinette.

"O-Oh, hi M-Marinette..." said Adrien.

Marinette could see the sadness still fresh in his eyes. She then took out a bag. He needed something to cheer him up.

"I made you something." she said with a hopeful smile.

Adrien took out a cookie. It was shaped like Ladybug's face. He felt tears come down.

"I'm scared." said Adrien.

"Of what?" asked Marinette.

"I don't know where to go after today. Felix's family offered to adopt me, but no. I can't take it living with family members. It just makes me think if they're just the same as...him. I can't live with Nino. I don't want to live with him while I'm like this. And Chloe, well, I wouldn't count on her."

Marinette then bit her lower lip. She knew this was going to be the most certainly dumb thing she's ever done in her life. She turned to Adrien. She took his hands into her own.

"Adrien, I know that you'd say, 'no', and it's okay with me." Marinette began, "Would...you...like to live with...me?"

Adrien looked at her shocked. She couldn't tell if he believed her or not.

"I...I-I can't, Marinette." said Adrien, "I-I don't want to be a burden. Besides, y-your parents probably wouldn't-"

"Oh, we talked." Marinette explained, "They said that as long as you agree. And also, you aren't a burden to me."

"I'm rich, or was. I'd probably be spoiled."

"I don't think so. But if you are, I can help you be more humble."

Adrien stared at Marinette's slightly humored face. He could tell that she was attempting to cheer him up. It didn't seem that there was any other person better to adopt him. Marinette was a sweet and gentle kind of soul he needed in his life. Perhaps both she and Ladybug could help him get back up on his feet.

"Alright." said Adrien, "I'll come with."

"Alrighty, Adrien." said Marinette, "Let's get you all set."

...

Gorilla remained in the apartment. He helped Adrien pack his stuff. It was already in the car about to be driven by the Dupain-Chengs. Before he left, his former bodyguard put a hand on his shoulder.

"Good luck, Mr. Agreste." he said.

"Thank you, sir." replied Adrien.

The boy then headed into the car. He sat next to Marinette, who slightly blushed at this thought.

...

Marinette led Adrien up into her room. He held up his bag of stuff.

"So reminding me why we're going up to your room again, Marinette?" Adrien asked.

"I've got something to show you." the girl answered.

Marinette opened the hatch and helped Adrien up. She grabbed her crutches again and the two looked around. Adrien stared at Marinette's room, still amazing as every time he visited her as Cat Noir.

"Man," he said, "your room is just...plain amazing"

"I think you mean...uh..." Marinette hesitated, blushing, "...umm...our room?"

Adrien turned to Marinette sharply. He was going to sleep in Marinette's room? This was insane. That's when he realized the bed on the opposite side of the room from Marinette's bed.

"How did your parents-?" Adrien explained, "They got some of my stuff here..."

"We've been planning for a while, Adrien." said Marinette, "They somehow knew that you'd say, 'yes'. We've been able to get some of your stuff from your old room here."

"Wow."

Adrien then noticed something: A small box of camembert cheese. His eyes widened like crazy. It felt really really impossible. He then turned to the smiling...

"L-Ladybug?!?" Adrien shouted.

Ladybug covered Adrien's mouth. She then transformed back into Marinette. The girl giggled.

"Nearly gave us away, Chat." said Marinette.

Adrien stared at her. She was not only his princess, but also his lady. Marinette then pressed her lips against Adrien's before he could respond.

"I love you, Adrien, my kitty." said Marinette.

"And I love you, Marinette, my lady." replied Adrien.

The two then kissed one more time.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!