Chapter 3: Retry

Ladybug and Cat Noir were tired. They hid behind the small piles of rock-shaped rubble of what's left of the Agreste Mansion. Ladybug looked to her partner, whoever he was.

The heroine remembered about the future, the wish, fighting Hawk Moth, becoming Bug Noir, but not her partner's identity. All she knew were basically the last moments, only that no commentary took place as her memories could tell her. Ladybug even forgot the reason why she restarted this moment. Costs of balancing things.

However, she remembers just how much time they had. They had just about only 10 minutes left.

"My lady," said Cat Noir, "in...i-in case if...things happen..remember this: Always land on your reflexive feet and keep shining your faithful wings."

Ladybug was about to cry. Those were his last words. They now had lost a minute. She told Cat Noir to follow her. Ladybug remembered how close they got the last time. They took a bit because they were wondering if Hawk Moth would see them if they chose a particular spot.

It was almost time. Ladybug and Cat Noir had half the time before Hawk Moth would make his wish.

"Now!" shouted Ladybug.

"Let's go!" said Cat Noir.

"Huh?" Hawk Moth replied, hearing them.

Cat Noir took out his wooden staff which replaced his old one. Ladybug took out her own yo-yo replacement. They had to time everything right. Hawk Moth had his Miraculous, and even with just one, they're in danger. Cat Noir struck the back of his leg, forcing him down on one knee. Ladybug used her yo-yo to tie him up.

"Take the Miraculouses!" said Ladybug, "I'll hold him down!"

"Right, my lady!" Cat Noir agreed.

Cat Noir pulled the Miraculouses from Hawk Moth's grip. The dynamic duo then put them back on, restoring their suits, gear, and powers.

"Alright, Hawk Moth, it's time to-" said Cat Noir.

"NO!" Hawk Moth screamed, "I've come too far to admit defeat!"

He broke out of the homemade yo-yo. Ladybug and Cat Noir weren't scared, especially Ladybug, now being hopefully free from whatever she would've otherwise faced. The two began to fight.

Cat Noir would use his puns as usual to mess with Hawk Moth's accuracy. Ladybug would attack him from the blind spots. Soon, they won. They were a bit beaten up however, but they won. Cat Noir smiled, a small cruise on his cheek, but he didn't care. He turned to Ladybug.

"Pound..." he started, then stared at her concerned, "...it?"

She leaned against a wall, holding her arm, bleeding. Cat Noir grew nervous about her condition.

"Sorry, Chat..." Ladybug apologized, panting, "...just gimme...a sec..."

Cat Noir helped her up. The two "pounded" it once she said that she was good. They then turned to Hawk Moth, who was once again tied up.

"It's time, Hawk Moth." said Cat Noir.

He then tore the Butterfly Miraculous from Hawk Moth. His suit began to disappear. THere, the two stared in shock at the person: Gabriel Agreste.

"No..." said Cat Noir.

The police then arrived. Cat Noir and Ladybug knew that it was time to go. Cat Noir immediately ran away. Ladybug tried to go after him, but she knew that he probably needed time. She then swung her yo-yo to get home.

...

Ladybug found Cat Noir the next day. She had a splint on her leg. It seemed it got dislocated during her fight. Her parents got her to the ER. They asked her about the cause of her injury. Marinette claimed that she happened to be near the fight at the wrong time. He seemed so angry. It wasn't like him.

"Cat Noir, what's wrong?" said Ladybug.

"Everything, Ladybug!" Cat Noir shouted in frustration, "Gabriel Agreste is Hawk Moth. Why would anything be okay about that?"

Ladybug placed a hand on his shoulder. She was upset with herself of course, he was her biggest inspiration, but why is Cat Noir so angry about this? It couldn't be that he had a personal connection to Gabriel.

"I was talking about you. Why are you so upset?" she asked.

"Why aren't you upset?" Cat Noir replied.

"I am, but Chat...look at me!"

Cat Noir then turned around. Ladybug then saw something that surprised her. He had tears in his eyes. He was even beginning to sob.

"Kitty...you're crying." Ladybug realized, "What's wrong?"

The superhero in black leather armor closed his eyes. He wanted to tell her, he just wished he could.

"I...I can't tell you." Cat Noir replied, tears running down his mask and cheeks, "I want to. Believe me, I do. But if I did, I would reveal myself. I'm so sorry. I wanted to be strong for you."

Ladybug sighed. She didn't understand. Just why would Cat Noir need to be strong for her? It still wasn't making sense. She knew that they can't, or really shouldn't know who each other are, but still, it wasn't sounding right.

"Cat Noir," she said, putting her hands to his cheeks, "Look at me. I know that it's extremely tough for you to handle,but you don't have to be strong. I can promise you that-"

Ladybug stopped. Cat Noir's sad face grew with a tint of confusion. Ladybug stares intensely at him. Something about his hair. She didn't know why, but it started to look familiar. Ladybug began to move one of Cat Noir's messy bangs and put it in a way that reminded her of...*him*. Cat Noir grabbed her hands by the wrists.

"My lady?" he started.

"A-Adrien...?" Ladybug said.

She then realized it. This all made sense. The upsetness, the pressure, and the pain. She brought her hand up to her mouth.

"Oh my God..." she started, her own tears coming out.

The two then hugged each other. Ladybug whimpered Adrien's name. Cat Noir, or Adrien, has been suffering so much now. His own father is Hawk Moth, the cause of Paris living in terror, everything.

She could hardly ever know how much pain this brought to Adrien, but she'd always remember this day for the rest of her life, because this was the day when Cat Noir cried the hardest.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!