14. The Ultimate Stage

Cole was shook awake, he looked around to see who had bugged him out of his sleep, he was fortunate to see a familiar skeleton face; he gasped before he spoke, "Sh- Shawn?!? I can't believe it, I thought I wouldn't see you again! Ehm, how did you find me? And where are we?"

"Okay calm down, first of all...I woke up here just like you. And second, we're suited up for battle. Solamon just finished this weird speech on how this will be a lesson for the citizens of the kingdom to obey him." Shawn responded, it was at times hard to listen to from the constant cheers that could be heard. 

Cole looked around and noticed that they were in a room with a bunch of other prisoners, all of different stories to tell. There was a metal gate that blocked the entrance from the room to the arena. Cole squinted his eyes to try to look outside but it was too hard to see from all the people around him. 

His eyes and spirit lit up when he heard a familiar voice on a speaker, "Let this be the last day, where you feel any inkling of feeling insecure in this kingdom. We are all strong, this is The Sola-Mon Empire! We were never weak, and never will be! The Guardimons who participate in this demonstration of strength, will be remembered for their bravery, loyalty and hard work. No matter if they perish or not to the cruel prisoners, they will be remembered for those things. We also would like to thank The Sinful Sorcerer of The Reality Zone, who is a great friend of mine...to show up today, to watch this display we will show. Now, let us get this started!" Solamon said, the crowd outside went even more wild and erratic than previously. 

The metal gate in the room swung open violently, all the prisoners in the room started to run out to the arena. Cole could feel the overbearing heat coming from outside, he noticed unlike everyone else he had no armor protection pads on his body. Even Shawn had some form of protection on. 

The Boy looked around hastily for some armor but there was nothing for him, he spoke to himself, "I'm so short, that's probably why there's no armor for me. Oh well, just gotta work with what I have-." He paused and looked over at Shawn, "Okay Shawn, we better go out there now." At first they both would shy away from the entrance, the gate to the room started to close. 

Cole and Shawn ran towards the entrance and slid under the gate just in time, as they were blinded by the sun, they could hear the gate violently close behind them. Cole took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes before putting his glasses back on, his view would start to get clearer as he looked around; his eyes widened when he put the glasses back on, there were so many citizens who were sand people who watched them, who would root for their demise, from adults to even kids. 

It wasn't an empty arena with just sand on the ground, there were sand structures around the arena, some were broken and some weren't. He could barely see King Solamon watching from the stands with someone next to him, it just so happened to be The Mysterious Man. There seemed to be a few other leaders that sat next to them both. Cole glanced at the prisoners in the arena charging at Guardimons, while the same could have been said for the other side. "Cole snap out of it! You gotta find a weapon fast, they're coming towards us! I'll be by you while you look for a weapon."

"Wha- what? Oh right sorry! Right, give me a second to look for one! I don't think we should have gone under the gate!" Cole responded while he frantically looked around for a weapon, he noticed Shawn was holding a long sword with two hands. Cole nodded at him before he looked some more, he found some weapons he could use. A small dagger that he put in his pocket, and a mini crossbow. He could hold the ranged weapon with one hand as it was surprisingly like a feather. 

The crossbow seemed to have the ability to fire two shots. Cole and Shawn would scout around the arena away from all the chaos they could, looking for any escape, the arena was so huge that they both gave up almost immediately. Cole heard someone's screams coming from his side, his glance shot over to see a Guardimon charging with a spear.