Chapter 7: The Seven Dwarves

——————————🍎——————————

The Queen paced back and forth in her chambers, while Brighton stood in the doorway.

She faces him when she came to a decision. "I want him killed."

Brighton's eyes widened. "Killed? Your Majesty, isn't that a bit rash?"

"He is...a threat to everything. Take him to the woods and feed him to the beast. And throw in the little maid as well. With any luck it'll devour her first and he'll have to watch." The Queen spat viciously.

"Is this about the costumes?" Brighton asked.

The Queen turned to face him and shot him a venomous glare. Brighton knew the best thing for him to do is to shut up and do what she says.

...

"Keep moving." Brighton ordered.

He stood behind Winter and (Y/n), leading them through the woods with their hands tied behind their backs.

"Just let us go, I swear you'll never see us again." Winter pleaded.

They were still wearing their costumes, except they didn't have their head pieces or wings on anymore.

"You think I want to be here? You brought this on yourselves. You never should have upstaged the Queen and now we're both paying the price." Brighton snapped.

The three of them kept walking through the woods, until Brighton told them to stop.

(Y/n) looked over her shoulder at him. "Brighton, please..." she begged with teary eyes.

"Turn around." He said.

"At least let (Y/n) go. It was all my idea, please don't kill her. You can take my life if you want, but please don't hurt her." Winter negotiated.

"I can't! The Queen was very specific, she wants you both dead." Brighton insisted. "Now turn around."

They did as he said, and some rustling could be heard amongst the trees. A flash of something gray flew over the night sky.

"I don't want to die like my father did." Winter confessed.

At those words, Brighton grabbed Winter's arm. "Your father was a good man. He was always very kind to me. In return, I shall give you one small piece of advice." He took out a small dagger and began cutting their ropes. "Run. Run as fast as you can and as far away from here as possible."

He freed their hands, and Winter instantly pulled (Y/n) into his arms.

"Just run." Brighton insisted.

More branches snapped in the trees.

"Like this..." Brighton turned and started running away. "Run!"

Winter took (Y/n)'s hand and they both ran deeper into the forest. The beast howled behind them, and they ran even faster, dodging and twisting through trees.

As they looked to glance behind them, they weren't looking where they were going, and ran into a branch, hitting their heads on it.