Chapter 2: Winter's Birthday

——————————🍎——————————

A large castle sat on the edge of a cliff. Snow and ice covered every inch of the land, making the kingdom look more cold and dark.

In one of the smaller towers of the castle, a young boy pushed open the tall windows and stood by a railing looking out onto the land.

The Prince, Winter, had grown into a handsome young man. He was tall, and lean, with smooth pale skin, and short dark black hair and black eyes. He wore a simple white shirt with a blue coat over it with a red necktie, black pants and black boots.

Winter sighed as he looked out at the kingdom, appearing to be in deep thought.

*KNOCK**KNOCK*

Winter jumped at the sudden knock at his door. He walked away from the window and hurried over to his door and pulled it open.

On the other side stood a girl who was smiling brightly at him. The girl had (s/c) skin, (h/l) (h/c) hair, and pretty (e/c) eyes, and she was wearing a maid's uniform.

Winter smiled brightly. "(Y/n)!" He exclaimed. "What are you doing here so early?"

Winter had known (Y/n) since he was a child. He met her not long after his father died, and she quickly became his first...and only...friend. She had always there for him, helping him move past his father's death, and made his life less lonely. As a result, he grew to care for her. Very deeply.

(Y/n) smiled and shrugged lightly. "I wanted to be the first person to wish you a happy birthday."

Winter stepped aside and she entered his room. (Y/n) leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. "Happy Birthday."

Winter wrapped his arms around her waist and felt himself blush lightly at being this close to her. He was thankful that she couldn't see him right now.

"Thank you (Y/n)." He muttered.

In the distance, the muffled blare of trumpets could be heard, signaling to some kind of event.

"Oh, I think the party is starting." Winter commented.

He took (Y/n)'s hand in his, and pulled her out the door with him.

...

Downstairs in the throne room, the Queen was sitting on a large golden throne. She was tall, with sharp features, and curly brown hair. Her dress was elegant and golden and poofed out at the bottom.

"F to D-9." The Queen announced.

On the floor of the room, several people were either dressed in gold or dark blue, and had a small ship on their head.

The Queen seemed to be playing a game with real life pieces.

One of the golden players started moving along the floor, to the spot that the Queen had announced.

"To your left, Lord Waiverly. If someone could teach Lord Waverly his left from his right, I would be so very grateful." The Queen stated sarcastically.