So This is Love (2) - P. Hamilton

You were back in the same spot for a different occasion. Your pink dress made your skin look amazing. You observed yourself in the mirror as the clock ticked with every second. Phillip was to be there in ten minutes. Everything had been going perfectly for you two. You wanted to make sure that it continued by making a good impression on his parents. You shook all of the negative thoughts from your busy brain and made your way downstairs. The cookies you made were sitting on the counter, placed neatly on a decorative plate. As your heels clicked, your dad (still James Madison btw) walked towards you.

"I can tell that you're nervous." he sat at the counter.

You sighed knowing he was right.

"Don't be. Mrs. Hamilton is one of the nicest people you will meet," he informed you.

Your phone chimed, "Thanks, Dad."

After giving him a quick hug, you quickly ran out of the door with the plate of cookies in hand.

Your Pov-

"You look beautiful, Princess." Phillip complimented me as I sat in the car.

"Thank you," I pecked his cheek before buckling my seatbelt.

He looked down and saw the cookies on my lap. My knee was bouncing quickly.

"My mom is going to love you. She's been so excited to meet you," he rested his hand on my knee.

"Really," I watched as he pulled off.

"Yeah." he smiled, "My baby sister, Holly, has been asking me about how nice you were. I told her that you were the nicest person I've ever met."

I smiled at myself without realizing my knee stopped bouncing. Phillip played some of our favorite songs in the car. We danced and sang along for about fifteen minutes before getting to his house.

"Here," he ran out of the car and opened my door.

"Thank you," I stood up and got out of the car.

He instantly grabbed the plate of cookies from me and closed my car door.

I felt myself getting anxious so I intertwined my fingers with his. He smiled down at me before opening the doors to the house.

"Honey!" I heard a bright voice yell from another room, "They're here!"

A beautiful woman, whom I had seen at school events, came to the door with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh my goodness, dear. You're way more beautiful than Phillip had explained." his mom looked at me with kind eyes before gently hugging me, "It's nice to finally meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too!" I smiled.

Phillip handed her the plate of cookies. I turned for a few seconds when I saw Mr. Hamilton. I'd seen him before. He worked with my father.

"Hello! It's finally nice to meet you formally. I've heard very good things about you from both your father and Phillip." he shook my hand.

"My siblings are probably running around right now. They'll be down as soon as they smell food." Phillip wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Okay."

I took a few seconds to look around. Adorable family portraits were decorating the walls. My eyes stopped when they came across a baby picture of Phillip.

"Oh my gosh." My feet quickly moved to the photo, "You were such a cute little baby."

Pip playfully rolled his eyes at my change in voice. Before I knew it, he was behind me and his arms snaked around my waist.