Shelter

Author here! please, if you want to help me write better, please criticise me and point out any things I wrote wrong and how to write better.
Thank you <3
———————

At first, she was holding on for dear life, but the longer in the air, the safer she felt, so she let go and let her hands glide trough the cold air.

Her ginger hair glided trough the air, and her smooth face looked more at peace than it ever had.

She closed her eyes and let the wind get in her face, and took a deep breath.

She loved dragons.

When Alex landed a smooth landing, she didn't know how long she's been in the air, but the girl couldn't find herself to care either. All she cared about was how good that felt.

and how good it felt trusting the dragon. It's aura was something calm, something she could trust, and she loved it.

When she got off alex, her legs were shaking, but she expected that, as of course she hadn't rode a dragon before.

The landscape around them were surrounded by trees, but as she had perfect vision, she saw a bond not too long away from her. Knowing if she ran out of water she would maybe need that.

She took a deep breath getting to know where she was going to stay for the night.

There were trees everywhere except where Alex landed, it was a free landscape and it looked nice, large enough to fit 2 houses.

She turned around and began planning

She could, of course, go to the city and get to an orphanage, that was the most logical answer... but why would she do that? When there's a dragon here, and lots of resources, as she didn't need an axe to cut trees.

The girl nodded to herself and thought of where she could put things, and saw a spot with a bit more open space, trees around there nonetheless, but more of an open spot.

As the girl finished her trail of thoughts, she turned to Alex as he waited patiently for her to finish whatever her thoughts were filled with.

"Well... you think this is a good place to rest?"

At that, alex nodded enthusiastically. And so the girl looked around before stating one thing to the dragon, but to reassure herself too.

"Home."

—————
Lily smiled softly, her eyes glistening at the girl in front of her, not knowing how her daughters future would go.

James was still fussing about the dragon that "HIS DAUGHTER" said in a high pitched voice, had tamed.

—————
The headmaster still had no clue at about what happened in privet drive number 4.

—————

... "home"

The girl looked up at the sky, and saw that it was turning dark, The stars barely showing, but still there.

Knowing that she had to get to shelter before it turned nighttime if she wanted to fall asleep, she again turned to Alex and gestured to a few trees.

"Can you slice those trees with your claws? I need a place to sleep tonight" the girl asked the dragon, and of course Alex obliged.

It looked at her for a few seconds before nodding, turned to a few trees, stomping on the ground with its large paws on the way. And slashed his paws against them, cutting down 5 trees.

"Thank you Alex" she said, with gratitude in her voice.

Of course she knew she could cut them down herself, but it would take longer, even with magic.

She finished that trail of thought before walking down to the trees Alex cut down.

The girl looked down at the pieces of wood, knowing what she needed to do with them.

————

About 45 minutes later, it was done, of course it wasn't the best, but what more could she do?she was just a girl, it was better than most 8 year olds could do at least!

Of course it was nothing like a house or a hut, but it had a roof, not the best, but mot the worst. And three planks on the ground as a floor.

'I can do more tomorrow' she thought to herself, not wanting to only have 3 planks as floor. But she was tired and needed sleep

Levitating things took a lot of her magic and she got exhausted by the end of it.

Of course the reason she needed to levitate with magic was easy, she was stubborn and wanted a roof with planks in case it rained, but she also just wanted something more than just the insect filled ground to lie on.

She was breathing heavily and sweating, before she looked up at the sky and realised it was midnight. And so the girl turned to Alex, and he looked at her with curiosity.

"You can sleep on the ground right?" The girl asked, worried that he needed something "fancy" to sleep on. Since she didn't know what dragons slept on.

She still couldn't fantom that dragons existed and that she found one so easily.

But he nodded and laid down on the ground, and closed his eyes a few seconds after laying down.

She sighed and turned to her shelter for the night, knowing that most 8 year olds wouldn't be able to do that, and that she should be proud of herself. Knowing she had magic that made her better than others, and it did, it did make her feel better.

She walked up to the shelter, the planks under her feet shaking a bit (as she didn't get to stick them together properly.) As she took her backpack out and rummaged trough it, trying to find her pillow. A few seconds later she found it and un-shrunk it with no effort at all.

She laid the pillow onto the hard planks, and she laid down.

She turned to look at Alex, and saw that he was asleep, so she smiled slightly and turned to the sky again, her thoughts lulling in the back of her head.

'I wonder if Harry is thinking about me' she thought before shaking her head.
'Fuck Harry. fuck the Dursley's. Alex is my new family now and no one will take that away from me'

She nodded to herself, turned to Alex and murmured "family" and turned back again.

It was hard to fall asleep, as what she was trying to sleep on was hard planks.

But her eyes fluttered nonetheless, and after wandering the forest and making shelter, she was tired.

With that last thought she fell asleep.

——————
Lily smiled sadly at her daughter in front of her and sighed

James was with Harry so lily had no idea what he was doing, but she hoped her son had it better than when she last saw him.

Lily turned to her daughter and whispered something softly into her ear, knowing she couldn't hear the voice from the dead.

"I'm sorry"

—————

Albus dumbledore had long forgotten about the wards, thinking that both of the children would stay in privet drive.

He was wrong.

But maybe, one of the children being raised alone by a dragon was a good thing? Who knows?

—————
Word count: 1226

Author note: this was actually one really small chapter, but seeing as the other one was small to, I put them together