16

| With the hashiras |
| (3rd person POV) |
| -The next morning, 6:30AM- |

_________________________________________

The room was silent as both of the hashiras still slept comfortably in their beds, the light began leaking into the room from the slightly opened window as the sun rose into the sky.

Sanemi who has been asleep, now fluttered his eyes, attempting to focus on the light of the room and adjust. A low groan was heard from sanemi as he sits up in the bed looking around the room trying to find a clock somewhere, his eyes glanced at the clock on a desk that was in the corner of the room, squinting his eyes, sanemi glares at the time read on the clock and groans again before getting up and going to the bathroom closing the door behind him.

The remaining hashira who was still sleeping awoke to Sanemi's aggressive door closing(slamming) skills, "wha-" giyuu started before realizing what caused him to wake up, "oh" giyuu said under his breath. Remaining in his bed, giyuu decided to reach over to the small nightstand that stood between the beds and open a drawer that held papers, notes, pens, and envelopes inside. Giyuu reached around inside of it and pulled out an empty sheet of paper and a pen, giyuu began writing on the paper for awhile, as he finished he put it in a envelope and stood up from his bed walking to the door of the room, he went out making sure to gently close it before heading down multiple hallways that led to the main room.  Now there, giyuu went to the desk where a woman sat in front of a stack of papers, "hello" giyuu said to the woman who just now saw giyuu in front of her, "ah! Hello, didn't see you there, is there anything I can do to assist you sir? " the woman replied looking at giyuu, "yes, I'd like this letter delivered to shinobu kocho at the butterfly estate" giyuu said handing the envelope to the woman who took it into her hands it put it on a mailing cart, "it will be done sir" she said smiling and then began to work on papers again. Giyuu now done with what he did, he returned back to the room seeing that sanemi is now out of the bathroom.

"Where were you?" Sanemi asked glaring at giyuu in suspicion, "I was just getting a letter mailed to kocho" giyuu replied ignoring Sanemi's glares and walked to the bathroom, before being able to go in, sanemi blocked the door still glaring at giyuu, "what was the letter about? Your not hiding something.. Are you? " sanemi said coldly not letting giyuu escape his sight, giyuu sighed before coming up with a decent explanation, "well, it's kind of a long story but before the mission I met a young girl while I was walking, I had her stay at the butterfly estate since she had no where else to go, so I'm simply just wrote a letter to kocho asking how things have been. " giyuu explained to the other hashira who looked slightly confused, "alright sure, but if I find out your lying then I'll fucking stab you like what I did to that bamboo demon, except you won't regenerate" sanemi said, slowly starting to smile as he thinks of that situation in his head, "uh ok, well that's... Nice? " giyuu said going into the bathroom as sanemi moved out of the way.
_________________________________________

| Time skip to after they got ready and shit bc I'm lazy 🤭 |
_________________________________________

The two hashiras now walked down a hallway that led to the dining hall. After both of them got something to eat they sat at a table away from others so that they couldn't be heard if they were to discuss important matters.

As they ate, there was an awkward silence that fell upon them, "so... You seen to like ohagi, is that your favorite food? You got it most of the time we have been here.. " giyuu asked sanemi breaking the silence, "I guess?, why are you paying attention to that anyway. " sanemi replied side eyeing giyuu who seemed to be thinking of how to respond, "well, it was just really obvious and uh, I think kamado mentioned you liked it once" Giyuu responded attempting to blame tanjiro so it wasn't so awkward for himself. Sanemi just stared at him for a couple of seconds before rolling his eyes and going back to eating his ohagi, filling the room with silence again.

After the hashiras had finished eating, they remained seating at the table, "so about the demon(s) we are supposed to kill... " giyuu began saying, "we should probably start finding a way to look for them before they cause any more harm to people in the village. " giyuu said ending his sentence, "yea I forgot about that, as much as I hate to agree with someone like you, I have to, and for the sake of not having to breathe the same air as you, we should get a faster move on for the mission" Sanemi replied crossing his arms in annoyance staring at giyuu who just nodded in reply, "so should we take a walk and look around the village? " giyuu asked looking back at sanemi, "together? " sanemi asked slightly concerned. The two hashiras just stared at each other for what seemed like a few minutes before giyuu finally replied back, "uh, I mean. If you want to go together? " giyuu said, his face starting to slightly go red saying it, "whatever, guess it's better to have two pair of eyes than one" sanemi replied looking away.

The two hashiras stood up from the table without saying a word and began to head out of the estate walking in sync. When they were finally out of the estate the two of them just stopped and looked at the sky which was filled with clouds, the sky looked as if a storm was heading their way, the air was moist but also refreshing. The two hashiras took  a couple deep breaths before walking again going around the village looking around for any traces of a demon.

"Hey giyuu look over there at that tree" sanemi said pointing at a tree that stood beside one of the Villages walls. Giyuu turned his head to look in the direction where sanemi was pointing, "is there something different about it? " giyuu said walking over to the tree with his boyfriend, I mean, sanemi. "Yea I can sense a demon near it, or more so, below it..? " sanemi said now standing in front of the tree, "ah, there's some freshly digged dirt over previous dirt, perhaps a demon digged down into the ground to hide... " giyuu said looking at the ground as sanemi followed his gaze.

The two hashiras studied the dirt but took caution on what could've been down there, "we should hold back for now, it could be a trap" giyuu said calmly looking over at sanemi once again, "let's come back at night and see if a demon comes out" sanemi says returning giyuus stare.

They stood in silence for a few minutes before starting to walk back to the estate so they could get some rest before they were to head out again to search for the demon.

| Author: |
_________________________________________

Erm... Silly!!, we gonna ignore the fact that it takes me like almost a month just to write a new part lol

             Anyway bye 🤸‍♂️🤭🦅