Chapter 10

Byeol reached home and straight went to the sofa, to tired to even change clothes she fell asleep.

Seoul - the same morning

Here the director's son, Woo Bin finally arrived from Germany. Everyone welcomed him warmly. Seeing this he was happy he straight went to his father's office and said, "Hey dad! Looks like the work culture here has changed! All the seniors were happy to see me."

Director Choi smiled and said, "Of course! Plus having such a good resident who wouldn't be happy? Well other talks later son, let's get to work. Since it's your first day I personally want to give you some work."

Woo Bin smiled and said, "Oh that's great! Tell me what do I have to do?"

Choi Gyu Man smiled and said, "Well for now, I shall introduce you to the prof. And team you are going to work under. After that I will give you the work."

Woo Bin smiled and said, "Okay then dad let's go?" Gyu Man got up and too him to Dae Hyun. After meeting them Director Choi brought him to the office and said, "Son I need you to copy these Operative reports."

Woo Bin glanced at reports and seeing them said, "But why dad?" Gyu Man smiled and said, "So that you can understand the process son, it's for practice. And I won't accept a no. Make sue to write the same date as well."

Woo Bin doubting his father nodded his head and for now decided to do what his father says.

Doldam

It was now three in the afternoon. Byeol woke up started getting ready. She quickly had a bath. Cooking both lunch and dinner she ate some of it and left for the hospital around four thirty.

She reached the hospital before five. Wearing her hospital coat she stretched a little and went to ER. She greeted everyone, everyone greeted her back.

She then looked around and asked, "Hmm I can't see Kim Sabu anywhere." Ms. Oh smiled and answered, "Oh he is in his office." Byeol nodded and said, "I will be back." Saying that she went to meet him, after knocking his cabin door she went in.

She then asked, "What test do I have to take Kim Sabu?" Seeing her so excited he just answered, "Save patients what else. You just did one surgery, that too I didn't see. So treat patients and prove your worth."

Byeol smiled ear to ear and said, "Okay! I will do my best to pass the test, now if you excuse me I have to go." Bowing to him she left.

She went to the ER and waited for the patients. Soon the patients arrived and she helped Ah Reum and In Soo with the patients. After inserting an incubator she looked around and saw Kim Sabu was not present, not minding it much she went to treat another patient.

Soon some middle schoolers came. The collided with each other and fell down causing them to get hurt. One twisted his ankle and other hurt his head.

Byeol helped In Soo and Ah Reum in treating them. Some other patients came so the hospital was busy treating them.

Days went on like that and it was Thursday. A nurse was watching the news and it said, "The xx Hospital director's son was a genius. He treated many patients after he came back from Germany, Today on the road he performed an Emergency first aid saving the patients life, and his skills doesn't end here! We did some research and we came to know he has saved a good amount of patients, he didn't even wait for his senior's command and performed five successful operations."

They were not any small operation, "One was treating a knife stab, he diagnosed a patients actual illness while other doctors couldn't, he performed a surgery of appendix while the patient was getting treated from a cut, performed a CRP while the patients was being treated and more. He just arrived from Germany this week and is showing a promising future! Looks like the new generation doctors are doing very good this year, they are very passionate."

Hearing this Byeol who was doing something looked at the nurse listening to the news and went towards them, the news showed the pictures of the patients Woo Bin saved.

Byeol gasp in shock and she in confusion said, "But out of the five, the other three were the ones I treated, what's going on? Why is my credit being given to someone else? While I'm being given a disciplinary punishment why is he given such credit?"

All the hospital staff looked at Byeol in shock. They finally realized that this might have been the plan of XX hospital's Director, to give all the credit of her work to his son, but just why? They all wondered.

Byeol then tries to remove her thoughts since she is in the hospital and takes deep breaths. She then becomes normal and goes to drink water. Seeing this Nurse Eom gestures the other nurse to switch off the news, the nurse nodded and keeps her phone aside closing the news.

Nurse Oh then announces, "Lets not talk about it! I don't want a word about it okay?" All nodded in reply. Manager Jung came inside and said, "Nurse Joo, your awaited parcel is here!" Hearing this Nurse Joo happily goes to the reception, Nurse Joo opening it excitedly said, "Finally my activated charcoal is here!! I like to make my own face pack!" She told the fellow nurse who had came to pick up something as well. Byeol went on and sat there waiting for patients to come and said, "The days are going fast! I hope I pass Kim Sabu's test! I wanna be his student."

Eun Jae smiled and said, "Well that's a hard path you chose, he doesn't get impressed easily." Hearing this Byeol sank and said, "Ah don't discourage me senior, you could have lied to motivate me!"

Eun Jae smiled and said, "Ah sorry!! Don't worry Byeol! I'm sure you will pass the test." Byeol chuckled and said, "That doesn't help." Both shared a small laugh. Nurse Joo came inside with her parcel.

Yeon Jun was going towards Byeol to cheer her up but a women suddenly came in running and said, "Help!! My daughter is acting strange after taking a tablet!! I got her here as soon as I could, it's been 15 minutes."

The nurses helped him lie down the patients, Eun Jae rushed to the patient and checked her vitals and everything, the patients turning pale, Eun Jae then asked, "What tablet did she have?" The father showed the tablet and seeing its Phenobarbital Byeol quickly commanded, "Nurse Park get me a quarter of drinking water in a glass quickly!!!" Nurse Park went to do what was told.

And Byeol turned and went towards Nurse Joo quickly and taking away the packet of activated charcoal she said, "Sorry I'm borrowing this!"

She tore the packet and Nurse Park came with the water.

Byeol quickly mixed activated charcoal in the water, since the patient was still conscious she said, "Quickly drink this please!!"

Eun Jae seeing the remedy said, "Oh quick thinking Byeol shi!! Dear please drink this it will, it will take all your pain away."

The girl looked at her mother, the mother went near her and said, "Baby, please drink it, you will get well." The girl nodded and the mother helped her drink it.

Soon the girl felt revealed, like nothing happened, the mom went to Byeol and hugged her saying, "Thank you for saving my daughter!!! I was so scared!!!"

Byeol smiled and said, "It's okay ma'am it was my duty. So you can calm down and go sit besides her. We need to keep her under observation for a few hours." The mother nodded and sat besides her daughter.

Eun Jae patted Byeol's back and said, "Good job junior!! I have to say you impressed me." Byeol smiled and said, "All I did was thinking, Nurse Joo and Nurse Park helped me so the credit goes to them as well."

Saying this Byeol took the packet and returning it to Nurse Joo she said, "Sorry for taking it so suddenly, if you want I can order a new one." Nurse Joo nodded a no and said, "It's okay, you saved someone after all."

Byeol smiled and looked at the little girl who was happily talking with her mother, Eun Jae went ahead and then explained them they should avoid this medicine and get a new one recommended.

Kim Sabu who was saw the whole thing from outside smiled in satisfaction, Byeol had actually passed the test before it even started, he just wanted to check her determination. Seeing she is quick thinking as well he knew what he had to do.