*.********-

Kai was just about to quietly roll out of bed, when a pair of arms snaked around his waist and Cole's face found its nest in the crook of his neck.

"Nope, too early for that," he murmured, sending shivers down Kai's spine and making them smile.

"Hate to break it to you but work has no respect for tired boyfriends."

Cole just groaned something in displeasure and remained in his position, only nuzzling even closer.

"Come on, I'll come back later. You can survive a few hours without me, can't you?"

"The thing is, do I have to?" Cole protested, making a trail of kisses down Kai's arm. "Can't you call in sick for one day?"

"You know you can just hang around at the shop like usual?"

"Mm, but there will be people stealing your attention."

"Hey, at least you've got a challenge!" Chuckling at Cole's lack of amusement, Kai managed to untangle himself and head for the bathroom. Only for Cole to also get out of bed at what would be an ungodly hour for him and trail behind.

While Kai scowled at their reflection, he did enjoy feeling Cole's arms around him and he did propose some enticing ideas... But no. Obligation first, don't let him sway you.

"You're really insufferable when you've got a day off, y'know?" Kai complained over the toothbrush.

"I got lonely. Cold and lonely and tired."

With a proper roll of his eyes, Kai washed out his mouth. Then he turned to Cole and stuffed a toothbrush into his hand.

"Brush your teeth, Mr. Lonely, so I can give you a goodbye kiss."

The grumbling faded out as he left the bathroom, now to rush and change into new clothes before Cole can find him again and give his persuading another try. Kai had strong resolve but... not strong enough, not enough.

"I still have some time to change your mind." By the door, he gave his best at showing off his doe eyes. It did all sound enticing, just them two, no need to go anywhere... his lips trailing. over his neck just like now...

No. No, no, no. This was a trial of his will and he will not cave so easily.

Kai made him stop but kept their distance minimal.

"If you decide to pay us a visit, I'll have some of that pie you like saved aside for you, all right?"

"You're the best."

Kai smiled, for more than one reason. Patting Cole's cheek, he teased, "Now, you stay here and be a good boy for me, will ya? Don't break anything."

"Fine, I get it. You can go for all I care."

"Good boy!"

To rub salt in the wound, they ruffled Cole's already messy hair. Only then did Kai try to kiss the grumpiness away.

"I'll see you later."

"Later, love."

"Nice try!" And he was out the door.