Chapter Two

Gwein's POV

My class has just ended. It's already 12 in the afternoon and I'm heading now to the locker area with Elyvianne, my cousin. We both study at the same school and we're both taking a BS Pharmacy course as our pre-med, but I'm a one year older than her. She is in her 2nd year while I'm on my 3rd year. I open my locker and put all of my things inside.

I was about to close my locker when Elyvianne suddenly blocked it by her hand.

"What is that?" she asked referring to the stick note that I put on the door of my locker.

"Ayan yung sinasabi ko sayo last week, nung nag uusap tayo sa phone. Nakalimutan mo ba?" I answered.

"Oh, the man that left a coffee with a sticky note for you and when you read it, you automatically smile. How can I forget that?" sagot niya habang naka ngiting pang asar.

"Stop that, Elyvianne." I said as I close my locker. "Just finish what you're doing, we should be at the auditorium before 12:30, we'll eat lunch pa."

"Yes mother." She said while grinning at me.

I glared at her but, she just laughed at me.

Ely and I parted ways when we arrive at the entrance of auditorium. Naghahanap ako ng mauupuan nang biglang kumaway sa akin si Luigi, itinuro niya ang bakanteng upuan sa kanyang tabi. Agad naman akong nag tungo sa pwesto nila at umupo sa bakanteng upuan.

I look at my watch it is already 12:50, ten minutes before the event will start. I was chatting with Ely when Luigi talks to me.

"Where are you earlier? Hinahanap ka naming ni Khianna kanina kasi I thought sabay tayong mag la lunch?" he asked.

Khianna was also a friend of mine. We are friends since senior high, and sabay sabay din kaming nag exam at pumasa sa school na ito.

I reply at Ely's message before answering him, "I was with Ely, kanina ko lang naalala na nag promise ako sa kanya na sabay kaming kakain ng lunch today. Sorry." I answered him as I put my phone in my pocket.

"Oh, is she the one who's with you at the entrance of the auditorium?" he asked again.

Kaunti nalang iisipin ko nang may pa ka chismosa 'tong si Luigi, daming tanong.

"Yes." I answered.

"Gwein" he called me, "Can you introduce me to her?" he asked at parang nahihiya pa dahil may pa simpleng kamot pa siya sa batok niya. Yay tinamaan pa ata 'to sa pinsan ko.

I simply smile before answering, "No."

It is just two letters but it's made him quiet. I want to laugh at his reaction.

"The one that you should ask a question like that is her, not me." I said in a serious tone and focus on the front. I see him smile at my peripheral vision.

I was with Luigi and my other friend going out the auditorium. I saw Ely at the exit door.

"Wait for me in the cafeteria, I will talk to Ely." I said, aalis na sana ako nang biglang hinawakan ni Luigi ang braso ko.

"Can I go with you, bff?" he asked while blinking his eyes. Akala niya naman gagana sakin yung ganyan niya HAHAHAH. I just rolled my eyes at him before going to Ely.

Balak ko sana siyang gulatin kaso nakita niya na agad ako. She just laughed at me so I glared at her.

"So, I will just wait for you at the house later?" Ely asked me.

"7 pm, right?" I asked and she just nod.

I was talking to Ely, when I heard my prof suddenly called me.

"Good afternoon, sir." Ely and I greet him and we both bow down our heads.

"Good afternoon too. I am with the guess speakers, Doc. Mendez and 2 nursing students from other school. I want the both of you to tour them in our school. May biglaan kasing kaming meeting and wala silang makakasama for the mean time. Is it okay?" my prof asked.

"Yes po, it's okay." Ely answered.

Doc. Mendez and Prof. Ariza just talk a little bit bago siya mag paalam samin at umalis.

"Good afternoon po. I'm Gweinely, Gwein po for short, a third-year pharmacy student here." I smile as I introduce myself to them.

"Hi, good afternoon po. I'm Elyvianne, Ely for short po. I'm a second-year pharmacy student po." Ely also introduce herself.

"Hello, Gwein and Ely. I'm Doc. Mendez, one of the speakers earlier. I am with these 2 nursing student here. Kindly introduce yourself to them, Louise and Nicollo." he said.

"Hiii, I'm Louise, a fourth-year nursing student. Nice to meet you both." pag papakilala niya, sabay ngiti sa amin.

"Hello, I'm Nicollo, also a fourth-year nursing student. Nice to meet you." he said at tipid na ngumiti, hindi katulad nung Louise na ang laki ng ngiti parang batang nabigyan ng candy.

I looked at them one by one, but I only sense a familiarity when my eyes meet his eyes.