Chapter one: Another boring day

CHAPTER ONE: ANOTHER BORING DAY

Another boring day.

We’re half way through the first month of school and I can’t tell you how much I miss summer, play football with the guys, having girls in skimpy bikini hang all over me when I’m at the beach… okay you can’t blame me I’m an eighteen year old guy, what do you expect?oh yah, I'm Jace, if you wanted to know.

Right now I’m sitting in my first period class, English, woohoo! (Please note the sarcasm) I hate English class, heck I hate school in general, but there are three things that I like and those are… gym class, the football team and girls. Once again don’t blame me for that last one, I’m only human.

 I love football so much, I’m on the team here in our school, and I was made captain of the team this year! Football is the best sport ever! Its-

But my thoughts are cut short as there is a knock on the door, and the teacher, who has been talking this whole time (did I mention I’m not a very good student?) stops his rant on who knows what and goes to open the door. Once the door has been opened a short girl steps in the through the door and introduces herself as Daniela, but I’m not listening, I’m taking in her appearance. She’s wearing light grey skinny jeans and an oversized hoodie with tons of swimmer saying on it, like ‘yes I’m a girl, yes I’m a swimmer and yes I’ll kick your ass’ or ‘I believe I can fly’ with a picture of a person doing the butterfly stroke. My thoughts are once again interrupted as the teacher says,

“All right Daniela, please tell us a bit about yourself” Daniela pauses for a minute before replying

“Please sir, don’t call me Daniela, its Danny” she says in a very fake sweet voice “I come from British Columbia in Canada and I’m a competitive swimmer” she says, wow she’ from Canada? And British Columbia at that? That means she traveled across the continent to get here in Atlanta. Someone in the class must have been thinking along the same lines as me because they shouted out

“Why did you move from Canada to here?” The teacher gave the student who shouted out a glare for speaking out of turn but says nothing for the girl, Daniela speaks up.

“My mother got a new job here so we moved.” She says, again in her fake sweet voice. I wonder what her mother does. Wait, why do I care?

“Okay Daniela-“ the teacher begins but is cut off by Daniela.

 “Danny” she says once again in her fake voice. Even though she said it sweetly there was a hit of anger in her voice. Okay note to self don’t call her Daniela. Wait why am I making a note? I don’t plan on taking to her.

“Yes well Danny you can sit there” and he points to the only empty seat in the class, the one next to me.as she makes her way to the desk at the back right of the class room next to me she spares no one a second glance not even me as she sits down beside me, that of course takes a huge chunk of my ego, I mean all the girls can’t help but want me.

I try to get her attention by taping my pencil on the desk rather loudly but she does not turn to face or tell me to stop, she seems very caught up in what the teacher is saying. Ha, good girl.

This thought is how ever was proven wrong when the boy who sat in front of Daniela, I think that his name is Markus, don’t blame me for not knowing his name, I only talk to the guys on the football team and good looking girls, any ways he turned around and put his hand on her arm, which still had an oversized sweater on it.

“So Babe you moved from Canada? You must be over heating right now, I don’t blame you I am really hot.” ha! Worst pick up line ever! I held back a laugh, the only reason I did that was because I wanted to see Daniela reject him, I don’t know what made me so sure that she was going reject him, but it might be that Markus has the i-bang-everything-that-moves vibe going for him or that when Daniela wasn’t talking in her I’m-so-sweet voice she gave off the I-don’t-give-a-hit vibe.

Why do I think she has that vibe? How would I know what kind of girl she was? Why do I even care? All those questions flew through my so fast it was if they were being shot out of a gun.

A few seconds after Markus said that horrible pick up line she turned to face him, and as if she had just noticed that his hand was on her arm, she yanked her arm out of his grasp. She glared at him the said, all sweetness gone from her voice,

“don’t f*ckin’ touch me or my sweater ever again you f*ckin’ retard” wow, that image of good girl was flushed down the toilet faster than you could say bad ass, which judging by that sentence that just came out of her mouth, she was.