Chapter-2

Anastasia Pov

Watching the carriage stopping in front of us all the females who were sentenced to serve in the castle as maids were guided in including me. I took a seat in the corner staring at my lap in silence, the fact that I was returning to the place as a maid where I lived my previous life as an empress.

What an irony! I felt several needles piercing my heart remembering all the injuries I suffered mentally or physically in the past. I had no sadness for not living the same life I did before, my fate was changed and this made me happy. I had several ways to take revenge on the people who wronged me.

But there was still a little hollowness in my heart remembering that particular man who selflessly loved me for years ignoring my every imperfection. The fact that he didn't care how ugly I looked in my past life and still confessed and was desperate to marry me made me mad at myself for not accepting him.

He was there for me till the end, maybe somewhere it wasn't only me who wished for myself to have one last chance at life but he did too, maybe he didn't love me anymore but I don't care, I liked him, admired him but love was something I have shut myself from.

I didn't want to fall in love ever again, I did fall once and tasted its bitterness. Marshal Darius will always have a special place in my heart but he could never own this stone anymore. Sighing tiredly I closed my eyes, the jail was built in an abandoned area almost at the end of the kingdom so it will take a whole day for us to reach the castle.

Did I mention it? I still have a scar but not on my face but on the back of my shoulder, the same dark yet scary scar. But that was the whole reason I was betrothed to Henry, the cousin of the emperor. From what I heard I saved the life of Henry's mother as a result got that scar, she forced the guy to accept me but he loved my snake sister, Elena.

He wanted her while she wanted the emperor, but there was one thing I couldn't understand if she was already engaged to the emperor then why did she use Henry to get rid of me? She could simply marry the emperor and let me and Henry live our lives but why? There was something that was missing from my memory and I knew it will take time for me to unfold the real reason why my sister was so bitter about me from childhood.

Being the eldest sister, she was supposed to love, cherish and protect me but instead, she destroyed me and snatched everything from me. In a previous life I understood her bitterness that she wanted emperor that's why she hated me and did everything to destroy me. But in this rebirth life, she had the emperor, she had everything she wanted still she forced me out, just why?

Nonetheless, whatever it would be, I am going to make your life a living hell sister. I forgave, loved, and did everything for you Elena but you used my kindness against me. You were always familiar with the sweet, submissive, and selfless Anastasia but now I will show you how can I be when I hate, take revenge, and become selfish! You will endure the pain I felt, you and that bastard ex-husband of mine will endure the same pain. This time I wouldn't show any mercy.

The whole ride to the castle was silent, only Kate, the girl who cleared my confusion yesterday was talking occasionally, gotta admit she has a big mouth. She couldn't just shut up! But at the same time, I was thankful that she was talkative and informative. You can actually get any kind of information from this girl, she knows every rumor and the full story going around.

We finally entered the gates of the castle, from what my memory collected I met the emperor Archer only once on the day of my engagement ceremony with Henry. I still couldn't get Henry's face clear in my mind, it was like he was never a part of my memories. There was a big part this Henry chum played and I need to get to know it better otherwise I will not be able to prove my innocence that I was wrongly accused. And the day I will prove it I swear Elena it will be the day of your doom.

Grabbing my small bag I walked in looking around the place, everything was the same. I still couldn't believe I was back to being 22 years old after all I was engaged to Henry and was supposed to marry him after turning 18 but I was set up by my bitch sister the moment I turned 18. The fact that Darius must be 32 at this time made me all giddy.

I was a bit confused that why didn't he marry anyone yet. In my previous life, he refused to marry because as per his words, he couldn't give anyone the place of the girl he loved and I knew it was directed at me. He never bothered me but he only said that he loved me too deeply and he will never give anyone else the place of his wife.

Army has a special place where they could find dancers and girls to entertain them when they get too stuffed and tensed. But there was a rule which was set by Darius himself, no married army man will enter that place. It was specifically made for bachelors. Previously when he was in love with me I heard he never visited that place and relayed on alcohol and training to kill his tension and time.

But maybe this time he would be a changed man, and the thought of him touching another girl indeed made me upset. I shook my head, what's wrong with you Ana!? He has every right to be with whoever he wants to be! Even in a previous life, he could have as many women as he wanted after all you rejected him!

And in this life, he didn't even remember you! Telling myself to focus on my aim I decided to get rid of the thoughts of that man and give my attention to the aim I was striving to achieve. The moment I entered the servant quarters I found my name written on the corner bed near the window. I let out a sigh of relief thank God I got window side bed.

I always loved watching the moon before sleeping, but this habit of mine was snatched away as well when my ex-husband never let me out of the balcony after the sky turned darker. I was forced to stay in the room trapped in lonely four walls watching nothing but a luxurious ceiling that's it. Maybe my bitch sister told him about my habit and he made sure to not let me even have a glance at such a beautiful creation of God.

I placed my things under the bed before curling on the end of the bed near the window staring out of it finding the clear sky indicating my new journey. The journey that I built for myself.

Journey of vengeance and revenge.

_________________________________

Next will be updated soon. Keep on liking and commenting.

Till the next adios