Chapter-1

Anastasia's Pov

I was harshly jerked forward by the strings that were binding my arms and legs making me fall on the floor, I knew this was the end when the executioner came forward with a rope in his hand. I wasn't even given a decent fast death sentence, the cruel emperor wanted me to die painfully as he wanted the executioner to choke me to death.

How I wish I could do the same with him! The love I had for this man for so many years started ripping out of my heart like a slow poison, it hurt, killed, and pained me slowly yet it freed me from something I wasn't sure I was a slave of. I spent a full year with him doing everything to win his heart but today I realized.

You can't win someone who has made up his mind for someone else.

I felt tears pricking my eyes when I remembered that particular guy who never judged me, cared about me, and told me how beautiful I was even with the ugly scar over my face. Now I understood how it feels when the one you want decided to be with someone else.

Marshal Darius Solano. The only remaining man alive from Solano's last generation. His brother, as in our previous emperor died right after a week of our marriage because of some incurable disease and instantly my husband Emperor Archer Solano took his seat.

Marshal Darius never fought or even try to rebel for the throne, he was the youngest among the family and the most capable and powerful that his father made him the marshal. He had the army wrapped around his little finger, not even a single thing could happen in his army without his permission. His advice and say had always been important to Archer as he loved and adored his uncle for his high intellect.

Remembering the man who confessed to me 7 years ago hurt me, I always disliked him as I blamed him for this scar and also for liking me when I was a mere kid. I was 15 years old when he confessed his feelings for me while he was a grown-up man who wanted to end my engagement with the emperor.

Darius was 25 years old at that time when he confessed to me saying that he wanted to marry me, he was a young handsome man who could have any girl at his feet if he wanted but I was too blindly in love with Archer that I not only refused him but also insulted him saying that I don't love him and never will.

I always blamed him for this scar and to save him I got it but today I realized he was the only man who actually had real feelings for me not only that but I don't deserve him especially when the rope was wrapped around my neck. The pressure came.

I wish I had a chance to live to make them pay who did me wrong!

I wished for the last time as I knew the next destination I will have would be grave. I really wish I was given a chance to make those bastards pay for what they did to me.

I coughed, choked, and painfully I was driven to take a last breath but before shutting my eyes and senses out I did hear the roar of Marshal's right-hand man.

"STOP!" And feeling my heart freezing I died.

Flashback Ended

Opening my teary eyes I smiled remembering I was reborn. How is this possible? I looked at my face and then again at the place, this was insane! How can I be reborn and have no scar over my face? Was it a sign from God?

I wish I had a chance to live to make them pay who did me wrong!

That wish! Damned wish! Then realization drawn into me I was really given another chance to make those monsters pay for what they did to me. An evil smile sprung on my lips, I might have died but God indeed gave me a chance to live again. He changed my destiny, my fate, and also my death only to fulfill the last wish I had.