Prologue

Hi, my name's Sybil. I'm just an ordinary teenage girl living with her single mother. Everyone thinks I look more like my father though, it's a shame I never saw him. Mom used to describe him to me every night before she read me a bedtime story.
          She says I'm her intelligent little mockingbird and I used to argue back that I'm not a bird but a person. Silly, I know. Mom always tells me how I look just like him, with my curly fiery red hair, my pale white skin and green eyes so beautiful that if I stare at someone for more than 5 minutes, I could seduce them. I admire mom more though, she's got gorgeous and beautifully long straight and brunette hair, her doe eyes look hazel when she's out in the sun.
          My friends Wyatt Wells and Olivia Laurel always tell me that I'm so lucky to have a young mother who loves me more than anything.

          I have been friends with Olivia for more than 3 years now. I call her Livie while some may also call her Liv. She has wavy, blonde hair and even if she straightens her hair, it won't stay straight for much longer than 2 hours. She's gorgeous too, it almost makes me wish I could be more like her and have gray eyes like Her's.
          When she first joined high school, everyone thought she would be part of the next mean girls' group because of how skinny she is and how beautiful she looks even without makeup. But then she met me which was very shocking for everyone in school and even for me. I was the shy kid at the back of the classroom, some also called me a nerd because of my good grades. All those remarks didn't matter though because she chose me, and I won. We've been friends ever since.

          Then we met Wyatt approximately 2 years ago. He had just transferred to the city we lived in as his parents moved out of state which he never really elaborated on. He kept on fixing his dirty blonde hair as it was super windy that day and when he came inside, he started whining to us about how the wind had ruined his hard work without even introducing himself to us and with that note, he rushed to the restroom to fix his hair.
          You can say he is very sensitive about his hair. While Olivia can be a prankster and I, clever, He's the silly one, who never shuts up when he is supposed to. Which is why we got sent to detention the last two times for bunking a few classes. Together, we make a dynamic trio. However, this particular morning, I did not wish to see them at school.